Sub fades out after 2 seconds

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrkeeg

Hi ...

I just wired in a subbox (I've installed these same subs with the same stereo and amp in the same truck once before, but had it out for a while).

For some reason it just gives me a few seconds of thumps right when I turn the stereo on (or when I disconnect, then reconnect the power to the sub amp) then fades out and gives me nothing.

The green LED "power" light is on, but it fades in brighness after the first few seconds of play.

I think I've checked and rechecked all my connections, but I must be missing something... anyone seen this before? What did I do? It looks like a power supply problem to me... but I've played with the power cord, tried it with the truck running, and even tried it with a second power cord to a separate battery, with no dice.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Keegan

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Maybe I'll try running a fat wire right to the neg term on the battery, just for testing purposes.

I really don't know though, I've tried a few different ground points, one being the same point I used last time I hooked this up.

I'll let you know! Feel free to post any other thoughts...

Keegan

Why to the neg term? thats a long wire. take a DMM and touch it from the end of ur wire, to somewhere else ont he car's chassis to see if theres any resistance in ur ground. Also, try putting the ground elsewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.