Sub for 500 watts rms?

I say S because it's a good cheap woofer. Underhung coil which will keep distortion low even when ran hard. Yes I'll probably stay sealed for the only reason of it matches my install better. I'm not a bass head so output is not a concern.

As long as it's loud enough to meet the levels of a live concert I'm good, and it will easily.
Ahh, okay. Well, I am not aiming for cheap. I mean, cheaper isn't bad, but that's not my primary goal here.

Well heck get the DD 2012.
Hmm, Ill look into it.

EDIT: Woah, lol, long time ago I said around 200ish, but not cheap xD (I mean, I guess for some 200 is cheap. Never checked how much that Type S was. )

u don't like the b2?, 750 rms more excursion that w3..
I am like the B2. So many subs I am liking.. lol

Hmm, Ill look into it.
EDIT: Woah, lol, long time ago I said around 200ish, but not cheap xD (I mean, I guess for some 200 is cheap. Never checked how much that Type S was. )

I am like the B2. So many subs I am liking.. lol
I think I paid $220 for the Q. It's sweet but be warned, it needs airspace.

Wait, double just the box? Or do you mean get two Qs?
just keep in mind u could get 2 of the b2 but about same $ as 1 of these other to though.. my pioneer is $70 so when someone with $300 sub jokes about it i say well u maybe 2-6 db louder but i could get 4 of these subs for what u paid for 1., same true of lot of subs under $200.. if u going for jut sq u need smaller sealed box anyway if u want real loud especially with 500 u need ported box, so decide which u want later so u can get different box later maybe dual sealed get 2nd sub or single ported so get sub that'll work with what power u may get and what box u may have in 6 months., took me 3 months to get bigger amp..

just keep in mind u could get 2 of the b2 but about same $ as 1 of these other to though.. my pioneer is $70 so when someone with $300 sub jokes about it i say well u maybe 2-6 db louder but i could get 4 of these subs for what u paid for 1., same true of lot of subs under $200.. if u going for jut sq u need smaller sealed box anyway if u want real loud especially with 500 u need ported box, so decide which u want later so u can get different box later maybe dual sealed get 2nd sub or single ported so get sub that'll work with what power u may get and what box u may have in 6 months., took me 3 months to get bigger amp..
True, true. If I were to get a new sub, it would be after a 4 channel, and new 6x9s in the rear deck. Then I would have to decide which sub I would want. Just so many options right now.

For sound quality larger sealed is better. It lowers F3 and gives more flat bandwidth at the lose of peak output.

Look at IB installs. It's takes way more cone area and way less power but more flat bandwidth.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.