Subs gone quiet

Participant count
  • Participant list

bumpin_boosted

CarAudio.com Newbie
nevada
I run a 2x 15’s 3:1 blow through box in my truck and usually around 155db’s 3 days ago it was fine and had been for almost a year no issues but today it is hard to tell they are even there so quiet that my mid ranges muffle them
Help please

The first thing you should do is double-check all of your wiring connections. Usually when people come to me with this issue it's a loose ground or a bad RCA cable.

If everything is snug, grab a multimeter and set it to Voltage AC and probe the RCAs going to the amp and the speaker leads. Depending on your head unit/DSP, you should get anywhere from 2-6v at full volume on the RCA.

Since you said you're capable of 155 db, it's clear that you have some decent power. Voltage = ✓(watts x impedance). With this is mind, probe the speaker leads and see what voltage you're getting. 3000 watts is about 54 volts @ 1 ohm, for reference.

I'm willing to bet this will solve your dilemma.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...