Subs Not Hitting As Hard As They Should

Bless63

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me with my subs they seem to not hit as hard as they should I don't know what I could have done wrong I made sure all the connections are right and tight. I tried hooking them up in a buddys car with his amp and they work fine there even tried his amp in my car and the same thing happened now this has happened in my car and it's happening in another buddys car and we can't seem to figure out the problem any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me with my subs they seem to not hit as hard as they should I don't know what I could have done wrong I made sure all the connections are right and tight. I tried hooking them up in a buddys car with his amp and they work fine there even tried his amp in my car and the same thing happened now this has happened in my car and it's happening in another buddys car and we can't seem to figure out the problem any help would be greatly appreciated!
What drivers? What kind of enclosure? Gonna need more details.

did it hit harder before or does the setup just disappoint you?
No since we hooked it up its been sounding the same but I hooked the subs to my buddys car and they work a lot better even with just 1 sub hooked up. This same problem is going on in my car and my buddys car we've tried different amps with the same subs and the same thing happens.

No since we hooked it up its been sounding the same but I hooked the subs to my buddys car and they work a lot better even with just 1 sub hooked up. This same problem is going on in my car and my buddys car we've tried different amps with the same subs and the same thing happens.
Haven't stated what kind of enclosure yet. Where is the box located in these different vehicles? Sounds like it's getting output in one vehicle and not in others, fair assumption?

Haven't stated what kind of enclosure yet. Where is the box located in these different vehicles? Sounds like it's getting output in one vehicle and not in others, fair assumption?
Both are sealed subs. Located in the trunk of both cars. I get output wherever I hook them up but for some reason they sound louder in another car that in my car even if it's the same wiring kit and they're wired the same way.

whats your car, whats your buddy's car?

How was the box positioned for both cars?

I have a 99 Honda accord and he has a 2014 VW Jetta both boxes facing forward.
Wrong direction. Turn it facing to the trunk, 4-6 inches away from the trunk, youll gain output on both vehicles doing so. Jettas are better built than hondas plain and simple. Some cars can easily get louder than others.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.