Subwoofer cutting in and out at higher volume

Participant count
  • Participant list

Carboss23

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kansas
I have a Jensen KS2410BP 700W Bandpass Subwoofer and a Jensen JXP720 Amplifier. Those are my settings on my amplifier (See Picture). When i have the bass on my stereo set to -2 and i try to bring the volume up past a certain point (8 bars on my ford escape about 1/6 the max volume) the subwoofer cuts out and the protection light turns on. Do i need to get a bigger AMP, bigger radiator, better battery, change AMP settings, wiring what? Thanks

Attachments

• 20210316_160801.jpg
    20210316_160801.jpg
    579.4 KB · Views: 125
How do you have the subwoofers wired to the amp? One subwoofer to each channel of the amp? Not sure if the subwoofers are wired together with that box or to individual terminals on the box.

Are you using an aftermarket headunit, a LOC, or the high level inputs on the amp?

How do you have the subwoofers wired to the amp? One subwoofer to each channel of the amp? Not sure if the subwoofers are wired together with that box or to individual terminals on the box.

Are you using an aftermarket headunit, a LOC, or the high level inputs on the amp?
The subs have their own channels on the left and right side of the speaker box. I am using an LOC for my stock headunit.

Yeah that isn't exactly a decent LOC to begin with. I would be dropping the bass boost as no one uses that on a amplifier these days. People adjust via the head unit or dsp or if the amplifier came with a bass knob. I would also figure out what the actual RMS is and then adjust the amplifier gains from there also.

At this point even a cheap head unit with RCA's is a better option then using that cheap LOC you have. Good luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.