subwoofer debate

Participant count
  • Participant list

prizm01

CarAudio.com Recruit
maine
looking at a couple different options as far as new subs, got about 650 to work with rn, i got a 15ish cft wall tuned to 29 hz. im currentlh looking at fi audio hc 15, stupid expensive but i can just buy one at a time( i live in the north so i wont be going to shows until next year) or i can buy two for the same price skar vxf 15s, i know theyre less shb but they seem like a good value. i will be running a taramps smart bass 8k next year so keeping the power level in mind what do you think??? if you have any better reccomendations lmk

7.5 cubes per sub is pretty big for a 15”. Most 15’s unless the suspensions are really stiff will reach mechanical limits pretty quick. With 4K to each you’re gonna send the coils through the back of the motors 😅. Can you do 18’s 🤔. How many square inches of port does the wall have?

7.5 cubes per sub is pretty big for a 15”. Most 15’s unless the suspensions are really stiff will reach mechanical limits pretty quick. With 4K to each you’re gonna send the coils through the back of the motors 😅. Can you do 18’s 🤔. How many square inches of port does the wall have?
144 cubic inches, i cant quite do two 18s but 3 15s would work

One of these, a subsonic filter at 10hz? Could be fun, no?

Granted it won't win you any competitions but should garner some attention no doubt.

Last edited:
One of these, a subsonic filter at 10hz? Could be fun, no?

Granted it won't win you any competitions but should garner some attention no doubt.
Hell yeah. I wanted one but it’s a 4 ohm coil. I modeled 2 of these in a sealed box and a ported box just to see what I’d need if I could get 5k at 2 ohms in the future and I for sure want to try it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...