Subwoofer Recommendation

Grimmjoww

CarAudio.com Veteran
Guys I need help, lol. I am upgrading from my AB xd10. I have a sundown sfb 600 amp which will run up to 1000w dynamic. I am looking at the AB xfl, AB Hawk and the Sundown Sa Classic. All subs are 2ohm dvc subs. I have a 1.25cf ported enclosure tuned to 38hz. Which one would you guys go with? Not looking for a pissing contest or versus here, just what you have ran and why you like it. If my amp will not support these subs adequately please advise on that as well. I am looking for a good daily that hits hard, thanks in advance.

I was kind of regretting getting the 600 and not the 1000. I know impedence rise (box rise) will pull the amp down. And I have heard that the sa line will hold well over 1k rms. I'm going to get the sa and if it's just not enough I will grab another amp. Thanks guys.

I also have the option of having a punch power hx2 2 ohm dvc sub rebuilt. I use to have 4 of them and this one lost a voice cool. That would run me about $200. And it looked to me that these new subs for around $200 have more travel.

+1 on the Soundqubed. I was interested in one of their subs but they were sold out during the pandemic.
B2 audio was another.
I bought 2 12" XFL and I'm very happy. I feel like all these companies make great gear.
Pick one that fits your box size and $ target and the rest will be jamming out with a big smile.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...