Subwoofers slowly dying?!

blackink
10+ year member

Cali
Hey guys I've been having an elusive problem with my setup lately. I have 2 dc level 4xls and 2 group 31 deka batteries wired with 0 gauge all over powered by an audiopipe 3000 watt rms amplifier. I've had it for 2 years and when I had it calibrated in the beginning I could put the bass setting all the way up to 15 and the volume to 22 on the headunit without it cutting out. By cutting out I mean if I turn it up to 23 on a really bass heavy song, the subwoofer will shut down entirely and only turn on when I lower the volume to zero and bring it back up slowly.

Recently my subwoofers have been cutting out at volume 19 on songs that they had no problem playing at volume 22. I thought it was because of loose wiring so I cleaned everything up and it still cuts out sooner than it used to. Do you guys have any idea what could be causing this? Amp getting old? Batteries need to be replaced? Are my subwoofers slowly dying?

Thanks!

They were never set up properly because cutting out doesn't mean that's the cut off point.... Your clipping your subs to death.... The reason they are cutting out is because ur voltage drops too low for the amp which I'm guessing is anything lower then 12v

Fix your electrical and set your gains properly before u blow all u stuff up and recharge your batteries

Loose wire, gain set wrong, batteries need recharging, ground is bad, fuse may have partially blown and electrical is probably not totally up to par.

sounds more like incorrect ohm load causing the amp to go protect.
Causing the electrical to fail hence the cut out. So many variables in play mainly the fact of having the amps gain all wrong and a bad electrical.

Sounds more like your alt is slowly dying. Causing your batts to slowly die. Causing the amp to slowly die. Causing your subs to quickly die.

Or your ground could have gone to shit.

Sounds more like your alt is slowly dying. Causing your batts to slowly die. Causing the amp to slowly die. Causing your subs to quickly die.
Or your ground could have gone to shit.
Sorry but this guy has his system set to cut out at a certain volume which In turn I'm guessing he has his gains jacked up high...... He doesn't have the alt to supply this batts or thst amp.... Those amps are current hogs..... I don't think this is a ground I'm sure it's because he doesn't have the right electrical

Sorry but this guy has his system set to cut out at a certain volume which In turn I'm guessing he has his gains jacked up high...... He doesn't have the alt to supply this batts or thst amp.... Those amps are current hogs..... I don't think this is a ground I'm sure it's because he doesn't have the right electrical
I'm not debating the fact that he isnt' equipped or set up properly. But the fact that it used to go to a certain level and now it doesn't leads me to believe there is an underlying, worsening problem outside of user error.

Im gonna bet that alternator has had just about enough,and the batts are slowly being drained to become damaged in need of replacement as well

I also suspect alternator and/or batteries getting tired. I have a friend of mine running AQ 3500 on a pair of part-store deep cycles on a stock Hyundai alternator and he has yet to run into trouble. Have batteries (including primary) load tested, have alternator tested, clean up power and ground connections, and report back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.