Suggestions for 2 15" setup

funkycasey
10+ year member

Arkansas
Okay, what I want is a very loud setup. I have the upgraded power (250amp alternator and room for batteries) and I have the amp (Zapco 9.0XD and room for another if needed)

What I need is two 15" subs that can be used in a ported box that will not play too sloppy. I need decibels but also want some level of sound quality. And the subs need to be 1500-2500RMS each

I have heard good reviews on the nightshades....right now I have one 15" TC-3000 otherwise known as an Audiopulse AXIS. I have it in a sealed box and it's loud, but it probably needs to be ported. I really do want to throw another 15 AXIS in there and put the setup ported, but dishing out $450 for another Axis is a lot.....I would like to keep it about 600-750 max for both subs.

Not exactly true...
I know it isn't entirely true, but 18's that can keep up are few and far between. I've heard a good FI Q 18 setup that sounds nice though....but i just don't have the room for an 18 or two...I'd rather make the space for two 15's.

Pair of Treo SSx 15s will do nicely.
perhaps on a pair of 9.0's. the tsx's or ssi's would be way more suited for that amplifier. i prefer DD over treo's. i have ran a lot of both. i ran my last treo woofer left, an old SSi 12" up against the DD 3512 that i have, and the 3512 just walked all over it. both were in the enclosures that we found worked best. the treo just sounded lazy and didnt have the intensity and energy of the DD. its been collecting dust ever since.

i run a pair of DD 2510's on a single 9.0 and it is disgustingly loud and clean. it is the best setup i've had that is a compramise between SQ and SPL. it plays low to high, everything in between and loud. i can throw the most technical bass lines at it, and it handles it with ease. note shifts are clean and defined.

i would consider a pair of 2515's or three 1510's or 12"s with that amp.

on a pair of 9.0's, they are beautiful. i know of 3 guys that used to run a pair of ssx 12"s on two 9.0's. one guy was a cut through with a pair of 15"s on two 9.0's. one 9.0 isnt going to cut it on two ssx's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.