Suggestions for bass?

msassman

CarAudio.com Newbie
Suggestions for bass?

Ive got a 1995 Camaro whic has TTOPS so it's technically a hatch back if that would change the audio quality, I made another post asking for help for my cheap amp and Walmart speakers but the next time summer rolls around I plan on putting in 2 12s and 2 8s does anyone have any recommendations? (Yes I know this is overkill my current setup is pretty overkill for cheap parts but I have hearing problems with high range freq so I like an unreasonable amount of bass), also I'm assuming while running that many bass speakers I would probably need like a capacitor or something??

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Also if you guys could help me figure out how to like accurately tune amplifiers to get the best range without throwing into protection mode or damaging the speakers I would really appreciate it! I feel like I've got it at least a little understood the only speaker I've blown so far is a Walmart Gothic speaker because it was cheap and I wanted to see if I could with my POS setup

I’m not an expert, by any means...but I’m no noob either.
If you mix subs in your trunk, you will have cancellation!
My suggestion would be to get yourself a good amp, and two good 12s (as in don’t buy Walmart junk!) and buy, or build yourself a good custom enclosure!
You can get to where you want to be, without the 8s....the 8s will hinder you.

I’d Hold off on taking product recommendations. What are your goals? How much trunk do you want to sacrifice. Dual 8’s can have great output too in the right enclosure but obviously come space is king. Is your goal to keep electrical stock or are
You prepared to spend dough on upgrades for big output?

I've got two VFL8d4's in a box behind the seat in my 2005 Dodge standard cab. The amp is a DD M.80, 900 watts @1 ohm. on stock electrical. Also have an AB 950 watt amp running the highs (6 speakers). You can get a lot of bass out of a pair of good 8's in the right box. 1,850 watts on stock electrical.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.