Suggestions for budget 15" sub?

yung

I just bought an 04 grand prix and I'm looking for a budget 15" sub, with plans to a buy a second one in a few months. I want to spend around $200 or less on it, and I prefer loud/deep bass over sound quality.

I considered the SA15, but it's a bit more than I want to spend. I'm wondering if the kicker CVR15 is any good? (as far as what I'm looking for) On the cheaper end, I've looked at the sundown E15, but I'm really not sure about any of these, so any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

I have a Soundqubed HDS215 on 500W in a Mitsubishi Montero Sport. I don't have an accurate way to measure SPL, but it's plenty loud. To the point of blurred vision. Needs lots of space though. I have it in something like 3.8 sq ft (net after port), vented with a 6" home-flared port about 15" long for a 32 Hz tuning. In that smaller vehicle it would surely feel louder.

I was looking hard at the FU Audio until I saw the SQ used for $75.

CHAD

From what I measured I think I can make them both fit, just not sure if I'd be better off with a higher end 15" instead of 2.
There are a plethora of subs that will fit your budget that will require less space than even one 15. You first need to know how much space you are willing to sacrifice, becuase good bass needs two things; space, and power. For farts and chuckles, why not look into a decent set of heavy duty 10s, or even 8s. Soundqubed has decent subs in those sizes as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.