Suggestions for tweeters or any other suggestions welcome.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm about start putting my equipment into my new Jetta. Car has the stock Fender system, which is very good for stock, however I want better. I currently have a single alpine pdx-v9 amp and plan to order a second one to power the system. Everything is going to be fully active, fronts off one amp and rear off the other. Ive got an image dynamics IDmax 10 sub. I plan to run one voice coil one each of the fifth channels of the amps. As far as speakers go I have some image dynamics ctx65cs components. The woofers are great however I want better tweeters. I also only have two tweeters left. I'm going to be running a DQ-61 processor for factor integration, unless someone can suggest otherwise. There aren't any available parts for harnesses for the 2014 model and I don't want to lose my camera or other features in the new car.

My main concern is finding good tweeters. I would prefer to stay somewhere near 100 a set. I can go higher if needed. Any other suggestions are welcome.

You should skip the DQ-61 and look into JBL MS-8. DQ-61 is quite limited in what it offers. MS-8 doesn't require a laptop, either, and with the right settings it can make a vehicle sound awesme. Is your budget tight? If so, I'd keep the tweeters and wait to hear them with a real DSP in the system. It will make quite a difference.

I would definitely love to do the ms-8. It's quite pricy. My total budget is only around 550 excluding the amp. So a little over 500 for tweets, and whatever factory integration I use. I only have 2 of the image dynamics tweeters or I could stick with the stock speakers. They are very impressive for stock an should sound better with better power.

Ok so I'm going to give the MS-8 a try, just bought one. Should be fun since no one has wire diagrams for that system or harnesses. I would still like to find some good tweets that can match the output of the image dynamics woofers but will exceed the quality of the original. I'm probably going to configure the MS-8 to run 2 way components in the front an set it for coax in the rear. ill let the second Alpine amp crossover for the rear tweets since the listening experience wont be so important there. I'm going to hook it up with stock speakers at first but that wont satisfy for long.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.