SUNDOWN SA-12 Steup (returning from Deployment)

youndeal

Hello all I'm looking to get the SUNDOWN SA-12 Set-up. I'm returning home from a combat deployment and I'll be new to sundown products (referred by a friend and I love them). I want the dual SA-12 set up for my "2014 Chevy Impala limited". Looking for info on what type of amplifier I need, enclosure and any other information you all can provide me I'd really appreciate it.

many peeps run 750-1200 rms per sub on those.. if u really want to run 2 u will need to upgrade big 3 wires under hood and run 2-0ga wire to amp to run like 2k to them.. ported 2-2.5 cf per sub or so is good on those (depend some on power u have)... depends how much $ u want to spend on amp and the box u can't buy good prefabs guy on ebay does make good ones if u send him dimensions u want but dul 4cf ported box ain't cheap, sonix boomboxtech on ebay.. guy here big blank has orion xtr 1500 (tested at 2197 rms) for $200 i'd get that be great for them.. here's link to ssa.com amps they have some good ones., even the ssa are good.. sundown 2k there too ssa is better though Amps - WATTAGE & CH's - 1501w - 2500w Mono - Page 1 - SSA STORE

many peeps run 750-1200 rms per sub on those.. if u really want to run 2 u will need to upgrade big 3 wires under hood and run 2-0ga wire to amp to run like 2k to them.. ported 2-2.5 cf per sub or so is good on those (depend some on power u have)... depends how much $ u want to spend on amp and the box u can't buy good prefabs guy on ebay does make good ones if u send him dimensions u want but dul 4cf ported box ain't cheap, sonix boomboxtech on ebay.. guy here big blank has orion xtr 1500 (tested at 2197 rms) for $200 i'd get that be great for them.. here's link to ssa.com amps they have some good ones., even the ssa are good.. sundown 2k there too ssa is better though Amps - WATTAGE & CH's - 1501w - 2500w Mono - Page 1 - SSA STORE
Where are you getting 2-2.5cf per sub from?

Where are you getting 2-2.5cf per sub from?
that what most reviews i've read said., mayhem said he's he's had his in everything from like 1.75-3cf i believe.. yeah 1.75-1.9 will work but everyone here likes bigger boxes..

I never could get an SA-12 to sound right for me..I tried approx 8 different enclosures, and got tired of building. Best I could get one to sound was in a 2.o cu ft at 35 htz for my liking..on an old school Autotek BTS 7150 bridged to 2 ohms mono.i later picked up an American Bass XFL 12 DVC4 Ohm, and placed that in 2.6 cu ft @32 htz, with an old school Mmats 300 HC and never looked back.I think the upper region SDown subs are more of what I should have experienced but the SA just wasnt for me.That XFL has taken a beating and still slamms for a single sub and sounds great at low volumes.

Hello all I'm looking to get the SUNDOWN SA-12 Set-up. I'm returning home from a combat deployment and I'll be new to sundown products (referred by a friend and I love them). I want the dual SA-12 set up for my "2014 Chevy Impala limited". Looking for info on what type of amplifier I need, enclosure and any other information you all can provide me I'd really appreciate it.
Being a trunk install, Id recommend getting some power and a built and tuned enclosure..subs fired to rear of trunk and port as well.32-35 htz

that what most reviews i've read said., mayhem said he's he's had his in everything from like 1.75-3cf i believe.. yeah 1.75-1.9 will work but everyone here likes bigger boxes..
SA's are designed for smaller boxes, especially if you are giving them more power because they will bottom out easier. When OP damages his subs because you told him to use a large box and high power amp will you tell him to make a warranty claim?

There you are giving bad advice yet again. You have no business providing false information on products you have never owned. You have diarrhea of the fingers because everything you post on here is shit.

i said depending on power, my sub says same size box sa does, peeps here said get 2.5 cf box., i ain't going that big.. if he runs 500-700 per sub a slightly larger box 2.25 cf per sub or so could help but yeah if he gets crazy power 1.5-1.8cf ad is good

i said depending on power, my sub says same size box sa does, peeps here said get 2.5 cf box., i ain't going that big.. if he runs 500-700 per sub a slightly larger box 2.25 cf per sub or so could help but yeah if he gets crazy power 1.5-1.8cf ad is good

If you understood tsp's you would realize that the FU's need more airspace. What's good for one sub isn't always good for another. Stop talking out of your ass about shit you don't know.

Id like to say at the least...Welcome back from your duties.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/patriotic.gif.b47a6e0394a3738334c387bdf79409f4.gif

I used to go to killeen and party almost every weekend driving from Mexia, Tx.Always had one hell of a time.

Great subs.

I had a pair of the v1 12's. Loved those subs.

Personally, I would put them on a 2k amp. You can do more but if you're wanting to just do a simple setup on stock electrical then 2000 rms would be the limit.

My pair of SA-12s really played well when I had them in 4.5 cubes tuned at 35 on about 2k.

They also preformed well in a sealed enclosure, but they were much louder with ^^that^^ box.

Not sure on your budget OP but for amps I can give you this list to start:

Sundown SAE 1500 / 2000

SoundQubed 2200

Twisted Sounds 1.8

Orion Colbalt CB2000 / CB2500

Crescendo Symphony 1500 / BC2000

Ampere Audio 2000

SSA IC2200.1

You could hand grab any of these an it would pair up very nicely with those SA12s.

With some of the higher rated amps, you would just have a little bit more to play with.

Great subs.I had a pair of the v1 12's. Loved those subs.

Personally, I would put them on a 2k amp. You can do more but if you're wanting to just do a simple setup on stock electrical then 2000 rms would be the limit.

My pair of SA-12s really played well when I had them in 4.5 cubes tuned at 35 on about 2k.

They also preformed well in a sealed enclosure, but they were much louder with ^^that^^ box.

Not sure on your budget OP but for amps I can give you this list to start:

Sundown SAE 1500 / 2000

SoundQubed 2200

Twisted Sounds 1.8

Orion Colbalt CB2000 / CB2500

Crescendo Symphony 1500 / BC2000

Ampere Audio 2000

SSA IC2200.1

You could hand grab any of these an it would pair up very nicely with those SA12s.

With some of the higher rated amps, you would just have a little bit more to play with.
wow so SA do well with 1k in box over 2cf each huh.. as i said purple people eater..

wow so SA do well with 1k in box over 2cf each huh.. as i said purple people eater..
Dude just stop. You were talking out of your ass and you know it.

What were his goals? What was he metering? What did his FR response look like? What vehicle did he have it in? What power did he actually clamp? "Playing well" is very subjective and install dependent. Not to mention those were V1's. I'm going out on a limb and I'm going to say the new SA are likely more electrically damped therefore the "ideal" enclosure is likely going to be smaller relative to the V1.

Just stop blowing smoke acting like you know about the drivers. Bottom line if OP does follow your advice and ends up blowing the subs thermally or mechanically are you going to pay for repairs out of your pocket?

Those subs are very versatile in terms of the size and type of the enclosure.

For my application they did great.

I also didn't overdrive, tuned correctly, and treated them well.

As long as you keep the power clean they will take the power, but if you have 2k or more on tap and go a bit heavy on the gain knob... well they can get stinky stink.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.