Sundown SA series

Participant count
  • Participant list
That stain color is beautiful. That kerf is very nice, you hand built the kerf?
Thank you. Yes. It's a stacked kerf. Without a cnc cutter it's easier to do the back cuts and just bend the wood. The way the stack locks the baffle to the port wall does add some strength and rigidity though, compared to a normal back cut kerf. I have an MDF sealed box in the build log that has stack kerfs on both front corners to add to baffle strength.

Thank you. Yes. It's a stacked kerf. Without a cnc cutter it's easier to do the back cuts and just bend the wood. The way the stack locks the baffle to the port wall does add some strength and rigidity though, compared to a normal back cut kerf. I have an MDF sealed box in the build log that has stack kerfs on both front corners to add to baffle strength.
I will check that other box out.

Didn’t want to do a whole build log, but this is the exact same design made with the exact same wood for 2 Skar SDR subs. He said he wants to move to Skar evl subs later so I did it solid enough for him to upgrade later. Second attempt at gluing these stack kerfs together without glue stains in the wood. It came came out better. Just a couple of spots. You have to sand the shot out of this stuff, but it works for a cheap build.View attachment 38373View attachment 38374View attachment 38375
That cabinet looks sweet!!! Nice work!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...