System in an '01 Silverado

Participant count
  • Participant list

Crank
10+ year member

JUNIOR MARINE
I want to put some subs in my Silverado, the thing is, I am a complete MORON when it comes to systems, I've never had my own so I know very little about them. I do however know that I have an '01 Silverado, extended cab 4x4... I realize my options are very limited due to the back seat height restrictions, I also know that I can raise the rear seat to get some more height, but I want to keep it as factory looking as possible. I am thinking that I want to go with the Subthump box... http://subthump.com/ctbultra.htm if you go there and look at the specs, it has alot better mounting depth options than any other boxes I've seen or heard about. Probably beats those shitty proboxes they local places are trying to push on me anyway. The major questions I'm asking is what size to get the cutouts, 10" or 12", round or square? With 7" of mounting depth it'll even take a solobaric. I generally listen to country, rock(but with heavy bass chords) and some very not so often hip hop. I am looking for more sound quality then rediculous pressure. But I would like it to thump a bit. With that box, what subs would you recommend going with and sizes... it has .92 cu ft of airspace. so what would work well in that box. They say it is made to use the eD subs that they list on their site, but what would y'all suggest. And... what should I use to power them. I am non knowing when it comes to amps as well. I'll probably do the install myself, and i'll be looking for help for that as well. Price range is moderate. Not wanting cheap components, but also not building a comp rig here either. Shop close to hear says they can install some PR Memphis subs with a box and an amp for a hair under 8. But that's probably cheap. Let me know what y'all think. I really need and appreciate the help. Thanks

brandon

so your budget for subwoofer/box/amp is right around 1,000 ?

If so, theres some pretty stellar **** you can get for that kind of cash my friend.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.