system stolen starting again.

Participant count
  • Participant list

66RagtoP

CO
So I came back from vacation to find my rca's hanging out of the back of my car....

Anyways I had a 10" type X, alpine mrp 650 and a 2.5 farad cap. all gone.

I was so happy with the speaker I will be getting another even though mine was the older more expensive version. My first question is what are the differences between the type x generations? mine looked a lot deeper than the current ones. Also Ive been told running the monoblock 650, under powering the sub is bad. I had some pretty bad headlight dimming which the cap made a lot better but would still dim when cranked. Does that have to do with the sub being under powered and trying to draw more than is there?

I will be getting a single type x 10" and a alpine 1000w amp either mrx110 or mrp m1000.

Which of those amps would be better? Which size cap would be best? I have a pioneer premier deck with infinity kappa 2 ways.

The box I had built for my first type x was the size recommended in the manual and was sealed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Stay away from caps, do the the big three upgrade, search on this site for it or Google it. Either amp will be fine. Are you dead set on alpine plenty of other cheaper.comparable or Better options out there.

I really, really, liked how clean and punchy the type x was I may be open to others but out of all the systems Ive heard the X sounded best to my ears. I have 4 gauge power and ground but I did have a fuse in the power line to the amp, in between the fuse and the amp was about a foot of 8 gauge allowing me to hook into the amp (4 gauge wouldnt fit). my car has a police alternator and a new battery. I would like to avoid adding a second battery if I can. Whats wrong with using a cap?

reading about the big three, I dont think I have a battery ground to chassis wire. I used a ground stud in the trunk, (ex cop car). Id have to look at the chassis to engine and alternator cables, never messed with them.

ya thats how i have my big 4 . and i plan on going with another 1/0 ground wire from my amp ground post to the frame under my truck.

but what im going to do is right next to my amp ground post im going to drill have 1/2 hole/ mount a 2" bolt throw it. so i can mount my grounding wire under the truck.

and my alt. ground- from back of alt. right to battery post. all my grounding wires are 1/0 .

i hope that helps.

what part of Colorado?
Boulder/Longmont area. Id imagine it went through an EZpawn down by 84th cause thats where all the dope is or got traded straight up. It was in a plain wood box no carpet.

Also the box fits perfectly in the spare tire indent in the trunk, which is the best way to have the speaker facing? To the rear of the car or straight up towards the truck lid?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.