Tape player headunit..adding subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Phlipbak
10+ year member

CA Enthusiast
Ok guys, sorry to keep adding threads.. My buddy has a 2000 Mercedes CLK with a stock tape player headunit, no cd player, and they don't make wiring harnesses for these or headunit dash install kits..

so.. he still wants to install subs lol.. and has already bought everything..

Using a Line Output Converter, would subs work fine with the signal from a tape player?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Remember those casette adapters that you put in the tape deck, that's like a cassette with a wire coming off it to your cd walkman....

That's what he needs

And how would I hook up that lc6i..

Like would I splice the rear speaker wire into the rear inputs on the lc6i and run RCA's from the sub out to the amp or would I have to splice the rear speaker wire into the sub input..? And would I turn down the output knob on the converter or what?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.