Taramps Bass 12k

Yea, what Jeff said. I was wired to .5 ohm for a long time. No issues, burps, music, LONGGG demo sessions and all. Problem i had was I barely was rising above 1 ohm, 29 hz burp, i forgot to bump my high idle solonoid on, and when i got to about 70% the load was so hard on the four alternators it stalled the engine, ( i could not tell it stalled the engine) instant voltage drop, while rolling up the bass knob, sent it straight into protection. I have been told these amps like to be wired right around .7 ohms rising to around 1.3 - 1.5, is their sweet spot. Other than that, I haven't had any real issues with the new HD line. I like mine just fine. It will play hard for hours on end ...

general ****. loli must have missed the review. any number? i ask because i like the sub/design..
nah i got near a 145 with the re mt on a taramps hd3k at something stupid like 28hz, havent had the time to meter it since or even work on getting better numbers. its to the point of being plenty loud enough for daily listening.

just a team aa 15 in 5 cubes on a banda 7k. i imagine the bank of caps helps quite a bit vs when i didnt have it though.

Me and daymian tested this amp at .25 on burps. It protected every time. If you watch his .25 ohm video on music, im pretty sure it protected thats why the bass cut off. These are not .25 ohm stable. Our testing showed right under 4k at 3.2 ohms.

Others have tested and gotten a final impedence of 2.1 and clamped around 6500 watts. These amps should be around 8000 watts at 1 ohm. They will also shock the crap out of you

Me and daymian tested this amp at .25 on burps. It protected every time. If you watch his .25 ohm video on music, im pretty sure it protected thats why the bass cut off. These are not .25 ohm stable. Our testing showed right under 4k at 3.2 ohms.
Others have tested and gotten a final impedence of 2.1 and clamped around 6500 watts. These amps should be around 8000 watts at 1 ohm. They will also shock the crap out of you
interesting, i would like to hear and see more (not that i dont believe you)

how much power were you supplying it with

err isnt this daymians video

are you talking about 8000w when given a 1 ohm load and with rise itll be 8000w?

I don't know if I'll be buying amps for several years (because I'm so thrilled with my VP 7k's), but is there an official pricing list on all the new Taramps stuff? I've been out of touch with audio for six months, and forgot what they're going for new these days.

I still think more people should have jumped on the VP wagon when they were still $1k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I don't know if I'll be buying amps for several years (because I'm so thrilled with my VP 7k's), but is there an official pricing list on all the new Taramps stuff? I've been out of touch with audio for six months, and forgot what they're going for new these days.
I still think more people should have jumped on the VP wagon when they were still $1k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
or the hd 15ks when they were 850 shipped.

I ordered myself a Bass 12k today. First time jumping ship to brazilian, Im excited and nervous to try it out! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.