TC epic, ppl who have actually heard it?

Moofs
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Someone here showed me this sub and it seems perfect for my setup. (500watts rms at 4ohms)

But I cant find any info on this sub. Has anyone here actually heard or own one?

BTW: Is this a car sub, I've seen ppl suggest it but it seems like a home theater sub. At least thats what the reviews say. Will there be any disadvantage to using it in a car? Am I missing out on anything, etc?

TC Sounds Epic 12" DVC Subwoofer

I'm still trying to decide between this and a Skar 12.

Thanks!

Thanks for replies!

I mean the TC seems perfect for me, on top of the price, its got free shipping. But can anyone explain to me if there is any difference with the sub being its sold for home audio use? Or is a car n home theater sub the same thing? Thats the only thing that concerns me.

I mean it seems like you guys have heard it and liked it, I just dont wanna buy something that was designed for a house, then shove it in my trunk lol.

home or car, bass is bass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif jl makes a home audio w7 fyi

^^ haha kk. I figure people wouldn't recommend it if it didnt sound awesome but I just wanna check. So if anyone knows of any problems with getting it let me know.

Thats mainly my concern, if they make a "home audio w7" how does it differ from the car audio "w7." But in this case, the TC sub compared to any car audio sub.

I've owned both the skar and epic.....skar got lower and louder while the epic had a flatter curve and sounded clean. Didn't get loud enough or me but I di have it seals...but it did sound very good

I've heard the TC-1000 which is that same thing basically. Personally it is one of my favorite budget drivers. It digs deep sounds clean doing it and is very versatile in output. I'd recommend about 2.5-3.5 cubes ported for the 12" model thats for in car use with a tuning of about 28-30 hz and if you want sealed go with something like 1.5-2 cubic ft stuffed with 2 pounds of polyfil.

I'm pretty sure it's not made for home use. I have a Tc 1000 which is the same thing and it has great sound quality and very respectable output in a ported box. I'd say 2.25-2.5 cu ft @ 32 hz

I'm pretty set in the tc. what made me think it is a home audio sub is that all the reviews of it on the site were for home use. I just wanna make sure they didn't change it.

I wish the epic came in a 15...
Just sold my custom TC-1000 15", a week too slow

The TC can be used for home use because it is so clean and has a very flat response, things that matter much more in a home enviroment than a car setup. The TC can handle 800 daily easy as well, which really brings out its low end prowess.

Also, if you're going sealed, get the TC. Skar looks like a ported driver, and with the TC's excursion capabilities it would pound on the skar I think.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.