Tell me about DynAudio

gbryant
10+ year member

kansas
I have been reading alot about Dynaudio ... unfortunately, I can't hear them. I would like to know more about them... can someone on ca.com who uses these please tell me more about them...ie... how they compare to other brands, midbass, highs... bright? smooth?, etc. etc.

Thanks

I have been reading alot about Dynaudio ... unfortunately, I can't hear them. I would like to know more about them... can someone on ca.com who uses these please tell me more about them...ie... how they compare to other brands, midbass, highs... bright? smooth?, etc. etc.
Thanks
Its music, implemented correctly you forget you are listening to speakers....just music. Its neutral.... musical. Very faithful to the recording, without sounding cold and forward, nor warm...Bass region is articalate, tight and full sounding. If the recording calls for snap, they snap. They can make a great recording sound heaven and bring out the worst out of a bad one.

With these speakers....

1. Install is KEY

2. Power IS KEY, they sound incredible when they are up and running as you pile on signal.

3. They will reveal characteristics from 'colored' amplifiers. Key is IMHO, use amplifiers that are old school in sound -powerful, robust and detailed. Stay away from colored 'designer' amps...like DLS, Audison etc....a Dyn shouldnt sound warm or silky, bass should have precision and space, not sound like mashed potatoes.

I've run lots of different speakers. These are my kind of drivers. They do everything very well, i dont demand them to do anything better.

Excellent reply... thanks.

I just purchased JL HD 600/4 HD 750/1. In my current ride the amps must be compact. How do you like DA's x-overs? I'm thinking of doing active x-overs but I may just get their passive ones. I am looking at MW 162 GT mid woofers and MD 102 tweeters. I plan on running (4) mids (front/rear) and (2) tweeters up front.

Any advise / opinions?

and... where to buy? woofersetc.com ????

Its music, implemented correctly you forget you are listening to speakers....just music. Its neutral.... musical. Very faithful to the recording, without sounding cold and forward, nor warm...Bass region is articalate, tight and full sounding. If the recording calls for snap, they snap. They can make a great recording sound heaven and bring out the worst out of a bad one.
With these speakers....

1. Install is KEY

2. Power IS KEY, they sound incredible when they are up and running as you pile on signal.

3. They will reveal characteristics from 'colored' amplifiers. Key is IMHO, use amplifiers that are old school in sound -powerful, robust and detailed. Stay away from colored 'designer' amps...like DLS, Audison etc....a Dyn shouldnt sound warm or silky, bass should have precision and space, not sound like mashed potatoes.

I've run lots of different speakers. These are my kind of drivers. They do everything very well, i dont demand them to do anything better.
I wholeheartedly concur...even with the amp selection bit. Just feed them a ton of "clean" power and let them go to work.

With these speakers....

1. Install is KEY

damm ur review is like a poem with lots of adjectives //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I've auditioned dynaudio b4... vocals mids highs are very impressive over the JL ZR. Very strong vocals and clear , clarity , neutural music out of the box. However the place that install that on display use a PDX amp 150w x ch. so There's alot of hissing noise in the back ground , which probably the recording . Cause i have the cd that they demo.

BUT overall , it's a really nice set of speaker .

Dyn makes excellent quality comps, silk smooth tweeters, very defined mids. They only drawback is they are very power hungry.

I wouldnt claim them 'power hungry', but rather deserving. Straight out of the box, properly installed and with moderate power from an amplifier with no artificial ingredients they can land you in musical bliss.

Excellent reply... thanks.
I just purchased JL HD 600/4 HD 750/1. In my current ride the amps must be compact. How do you like DA's x-overs? I'm thinking of doing active x-overs but I may just get their passive ones. I am looking at MW 162 GT mid woofers and MD 102 tweeters. I plan on running (4) mids (front/rear) and (2) tweeters up front.

Any advise / opinions?

and... where to buy? woofersetc.com ????
woofersetc is Not an authorized dealer. There is no authorized sites for Dynaudio. If you do not have a local dealer feel free to send me a PM or call..

732-572-1969

or call Dyn directly .. 630-238-4200

woofersetc is Not an authorized dealer. There is no authorized sites for Dynaudio. If you do not have a local dealer feel free to send me a PM or call..
732-572-1969

or call Dyn directly .. 630-238-4200

Sweet.... I placed a $1200 order with them.... do they sell the real deal or knock offs? I don't really give a sh!t about warranty, never used one.

Sweet.... I placed a $1200 order with them.... do they sell the real deal or knock offs? I don't really give a sh!t about warranty, never used one.
Its a shame, you would've most likely saved alot more than those prices, AND gotten a warranty.

Ouch! Yea, you should totally try and cancel that order. You're running a risk and supporting a "company" that sort of screws the hard-working AUTHORIZED Dyn dealers like 3.5Max. Why do you think Dynaudio has a dealer network they know and trust? You can get more for less with an AD in this case. You kind of got ripped. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.