The most budget set up ever

RJ_22
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NC
I have a 2008 honda accord coupe. I've had my fill of the higher end set ups, now that I'm older, and tighter on the money, i'm looking for a real budget build. Which brings me to the part-express/madison sound site. The car has 6 1/2's all around, with a 8" sub in the rear deck. I'm keeping the factory navi unit. I have a alpine 4ch to push the mids/sub. I already have DD tweets/crossovers to fill in the front. So, onto mids:

Dayton Audio DC160-4 6-1/2" Classic Woofer Speaker | 295-309

The Madisound Speaker Store

The Madisound Speaker Store

Whichever ones I go with will be used in all 4 spots. Any recommendations from either of those 2 sites?

So you want a budget build....idk guess im confused and didnt click all 3 links. The first ones are fine. But are they 8 ohm or what

My two cents here as a guy who has messed with speaker design as "Professional" (ie - Paid Gig) and hobby for more than twenty years now:

Given the Qts values for all three of your choices, I will guess that every one of them will disappoint you as midbass units without some kind of enclosure behind them. All of the Thiele-Small parameters suggest that these drivers are much better suited to enclosures, and not the "Free Air" type of loading they will experience in a car door or rear deck panel.

As a rule-of-thumb, look for a driver with a Qts of close to 0.7 or higher for better response in vehicle doors. You didn't give the amp wattage specs, so sorry if they might be too small for your amplifier output. Since you're looking at Parts Express, here are some possibilities:

Pyramid W64

Goldwood GW-S650/4

Goldwood GW-6PC-4

Even this ultra-low budget unit "Factory Buyout" driver (part number 299-609) gives an excellent possibility given its Qts value.

If you were mounting these in a kick panel location, then maybe your initial choices might have been a better match. A kick panel can give a better approximation of a real "enclosure" to a driver than a car door or rear deck panel, if it is properly sealed front-to-back (NO air leaks).

Hope this helps! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.