The Official Type R Thread

Well I just ordered my 10" DVC 2+2ohm Type-R, should be in pretty soon.

I will be building a sealed box as its the first attempt.. I will be doing the sealed box specs recommended by alpine 11.5x11.5x12.75.. I will be doubling the front and I will put a 3/4" plexi as the top of the box.. Everything should give me .6ft3 of volume.

I will take pics once everything is done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well I just ordered my 10" DVC 2+2ohm Type-R, should be in pretty soon.I will be building a sealed box as its the first attempt.. I will be doing the sealed box specs recommended by alpine 11.5x11.5x12.75.. I will be doubling the front and I will put a 3/4" plexi as the top of the box.. Everything should give me .6ft3 of volume.

I will take pics once everything is done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Wait, only .6 cuft?!?

Thats not going to sound too good...

Wait, only .6 cuft?!?
Thats not going to sound too good...
So your saying that alpines recommended optimum enclosure specs are crap?

Alot of people say that it will be enough for a SEALED application on 1x10"

Why do you say it wouldn't be enough?

What are the specs that you tried if you ever did and what do you recommend?

They recommend:

gross volume range :0.5-0.8

optimum sealed box:

gross internal:0.65

Net internal 0.6

they recommend that to sell it as a woofer that takes up little room.

it will sound like garbage in that small a box. if you want to do it right, build a ported box and do it right the first time.

I do not want a ported box... it would make me build a bigger box which I want to avoid.

My needs are not for SPL, its SQL, I listen to rock/metal.. not big bass

I know the sealed box is good for my application

What would be a good volume for my "needs"

Thank you

Will a type R sound good in a 1.5 ported box tuned to 45hz? I was looking for a good spl sub. I have an orion HCCA 225G4 amp. Is there any other suggestion for a sub that will sound good? I’m trying to stay under $200 for one 12.

Will a type R sound good in a 1.5 ported box tuned to 45hz? I was looking for a good spl sub. I have an orion HCCA 225G4 amp. Is there any other suggestion for a sub that will sound good? I’m trying to stay under $200 for one 12.
This thread has become completely useless as nobody comes to read anything on it anymore.. plus 160+ pages.. now who in their right mind will go through all that?? we can't even search "within" the thread

So your better off posting a new topic.

This thread has become completely useless as nobody comes to read anything on it anymore.. plus 160+ pages.. now who in their right mind will go through all that?? we can't even search "within" the threadSo your better off posting a new topic.
I agree with you, im beginning to think its time to send this thread to the glue factory.

Im thinking about grabbing a Type R 10" d4 sub. Was wondering if they are good in a sealed box thats all I can really do in my truck. Amp I got is a Kicker KX600.1 740 on birthsheet. Probably have it downfire into the floor. Will this work out pretty good and be loud and sounding good? Also what size enclosure would you recommend for it sealed w/out the speaker installed. I mostly listen to rock music so .. . Not looking for unreal SPL just SQL.

Im thinking about grabbing a Type R 10" d4 sub. Was wondering if they are good in a sealed box thats all I can really do in my truck. Amp I got is a Kicker KX600.1 740 on birthsheet. Probably have it downfire into the floor. Will this work out pretty good and be loud and sounding good? Also what size enclosure would you recommend for it sealed w/out the speaker installed. I mostly listen to rock music so .. . Not looking for unreal SPL just SQL.
Alot of mixed opinions on here as most people recommend GO PORTED GO PORTED!, but sometimes the just don't realize that some people just don't want to go ported as it takes up more space and you lose SQ.

I built my 10" R with alpine specs and all I good say is it sounds amazing.. people on this forum to do it that way as other said it will be crap, ( but they recommend ported) I also asked on other forums and they said it was no problem

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.