Thoughts on Eclipse CD3200

Fat_boy
10+ year member

Everything I have read on the Eclipse units has been positive. I dont have a local store carrying anything in this line as was hoping for some feedback from you all. It's for a Daily Family Driver that will be running PG RSD 6.5CS front and RSD 6.5 coaxials in the back off an Eclipse EA4000. Subs will come later switched through a toggle on the remote for those days with the Family.

well....if you got a CC around you just go buy it form them, install it YOURSELF i might add..but search on here, there are always eclipse HUs floating around here.

but not a bad choice in gear so far...should sound pretty good as of right now.

I hate the tools at CC and BB isnt much better. The plan from my end is to run and self install everything. I have a Y2K Grand Cherokee thats gonna get the Big3 a Kicker PKD1 0/1 kit to the back. New wires to everything minus the factory harness. I hate factory wiring and factory sound. Im just waiting until everything arrives and make a weekend out of it.

sounds like you got your hands full man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

there is a guy selling a cd4000 on here atm...its a fresh refurb is what he says

CC doesn't have the 3200's yet; At least the one I work at doesn't. Seems like a good deck though. I just ordered the 7200; just remember the interface will probably ****. Sonic signature and quality of features should still be solid. And it has Bluetooth.

Its got cool features, but I think the screen looks like ****, the interface is, an absolute b@stard, its the exact opposite of easy to use.

Besides the normal Pioneer/Alpine/KW suggestions, I'd take a look the JVC KD-BT1 its the same money and has similar features. The KD-SH1000 is the next step up and adds an SD card slot, Time Alignment, Burr-Brown DAC, etc, it lists for right in between the 3200 and 7200

I am going to have a CD3200 for sale soon, I am upgrading to a double din reciever. AWESOME DECK FOR THE MONEY!!

215 shipped, bought from local eclipse dealer..

I personally don't like my CD3200. The features are extremely aggrivating to use. The bluetooth interface is very difficult to get through the first few times of using it. If you plan on using the bluetooth whenever you are in your car, just know that you have to re-connect every time you get in and out of your car.

The SQ settings are very marginal. There is only two 2 fields to adjust. The screen is really no different than the last h/u, aside from them adding some interactive displays. The remote is like a miniature TV remote also.

Overall, I am very disappointed. Back goes in the 5495.

Yeah, I found some pretty harsh posts on the new Eclipse line. Enough to find out that I really dont want it. JVC has always treated me well, and I was considering their HD tuner line. Oh well, on goes the research..Thanks again

We used to carry the eclipse line for years. We have been in the retail and electronics repair industry for over 40 years and we saw a lot of eclipse units returned and defective. So we stopped carrying their product line. They're supposedly restructuring and trying to put out better products. But my personal recommendation would be an Alpine CDA-9884. This is a quality unit and we sell the 9884 and the direct system link Bluetooth module (as a set) for less than the price of the Eclipse.

I was reading up on the CDA-9887 and decided that I didnt need all of the extra features. Took a peak at the 9884,9885 and Im really interested in the 9886. Has some nice options with future expansion if needed ( highly unlikely but always possible). Plus I like the display on the 9886 over that of the 9884 and 9885. I have also been looking into the Pioneer line, but Im hearing alot about the ground issues even on the new units. I'm not a believer in fixing something new, it shouldn't have an issue to begin with so Im staying away from Pioneer right now as well. Im down to JVC, Alpine and Kenwood..So once again, the search continues.

So I just picked up this unit, so far its great except for one thing:

The CD3200 seems to only read the first 8 characters of the filename when playing music from the USB drive. So for instance, if I put a file called "Incubus - Warning.mp3" on the USB stick from my computer, when I play the song on the CD3200 it only reads "INCUBU~1.mp3" instead of the full filename. When I put the same file on a CD the CD3200 reads the full filename.

Is anyone else having this problem? I've tried 2 different thumb drives and formatted, tried renaming files, etc but nothing seems to work. Maybe I got a faulty unit?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.