Tips on my car?

Participant count
  • Participant list

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
I have an 06 Xterra SUV. The stock speaker layout locations make no sense to me IMO. The 6.5 mid location is all the way down in the door by my feet and the tweeter is alll the way up on the dash like at face level pointing directly up at the windshield. I always heard that the tweet and mid need to be really close together to sound good but these are like 3 feet apart. IM going to be runing some silver flutes and some LPG tweets active and im wondering if anyone with a similar car can give some tips on what crossover points and EQs and stuff they used to sound good in a situation like this. Thanks

They don't have to be close. A tweeter that can crossover lower tends to be better with separation.
I like this reply! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.