Tips to upgrade/ Get louder?

Im really wanting to get a loud setup and get something to scare people. Im sure thats a goal we all have in common, Lol. But right now my current setup is 2 JL W0v3 12's in a bandpass box, Hifonics BRX2000.1d, 0 G wire, Big 3, Kinetik 1k, and JVC xd320bts head unit. It sounds decent right now, but i know that its too much power for the subs ( Rated 300w /e ) and it really starts to distort and sound like **** turned up. What suggestions do you guys have for me, Im looking for money well spent, Not cheapest but the best things to upgrade and get loud enough to scare some people.

Everyone has different opinions of loud. No two 12 setup is loud to me. Loud to me is 155db+... But really need a budget on how much u want to spend. And a custom enclosure is a must... No pre fab boxes from the store.

If you have this type of bandpass box, Thats your problem.
BOX8.jpg

The W0 could be another issue. Get a custom box built and get some better subs W0 is JLs lowest line

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Im willing to spend up to around $800, or so, And yeah, im gonna keep the amp for sure, jsut looking for better subs and a box design for it. i drive a 2001 chrysler 300m so im using the entire trunk

I got your subs. Dd9512s if your gonna stay with 12s If you can build a box then it should cost less than $100 in material. But you'll need a new amp because yours won't push these that well

Im thinking about either getting 2 more of the JL 12s or selling my 12s and buying 2 of the American Bass XFL1522's . Which do you think would be better?
You dont have the space. A proper loud enclosure requires much more space than you can possibly fathom and the box is what gets you loud. If the box suffers due to lack of space, then your overall output would be cr@p. If you want to cram 15s in there, be prepared to give up your every last inch of your trunk space. That includes spare tire. Along with cutting some metal and building the whole box inside the trunk aka permanent build.

I'd seriously hit up Mylow's DD9512s Those are nasty subs. Put them in a 4.0-4.5 Net cubic feet enclosure after sub and port displacement(thats around 6 cubic feet+ before displacement) and get a 5-7k amp(with electricals to back it up) and you'll be flexing windshields, moderate hair movement etc..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.