Too Much Juice?

You are wrong because

1) if you set your gains with a test tone and that is the absolute highest it can play. You can not over drive the amp into clipping.

2) "somebody turns up the bass" you get people in your car messing with your settings? Easy, don't let them

3) "play a bass boosted song" you are already set at 0db. The bass boosted music can't play higher than that

4) "snap, crackle, pop" I don't eat rice crispies in my car, but if I did I don't think it would effect my gain setting.

5) i switch from cd, to radio, to bluetooth, to sd card all the time. Oddly, nothing happens. Maybe if I had a tape player..... I don't know about that one though.

6) "bass knob installed" if you are smart, you set the gains with that knob installed. You use that to gauge your highest output level and then actually use the knob to dial it back.

You're retarded man. Do you have Sony Sound Forge Pro 11? Have you made, edited, converted, resampled, etc. anything at all in your lifetime? Because I guarantee over half the music you listen to is distorting and you don't even know it. A vast majority of music out there is filled with 0db peaks AND clipping. Because guess what? Unlike what you heard from somebody who has no idea what they're talking about, most music isn't recorded at 0db but most modern music IS normalized to 0db. Unless you MADE your mp3's, flacs, wavs or whatever you listen to from a CD by yourself and checked every single file by itself for clipping, you don't know ****. Shut the **** up kid.
And I have an amp waiting to be installed which will be bi-amped and set with the 80-prs 3-way network installed and set by me so stfu you snarky little *****.

And don't make me bust out the program and start taking screenshots to prove your *** wrong, I already spent too much time on you.
I do know the guy who made my slowed music on audacity. Clean bass-boosted and not over 0db.

Some music does have clipping built in (commonly rock, which I do not listen to).

Go ahead and bust your program bud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/scared.gif.f134e57c6c93ccd0f15aa5ac32c7d4a0.gif

I do know the guy who made my slowed music on audacity. Clean bass-boosted and not over 0db.
Do you not realize if the original source is clipping, it doesn't matter what you "set" it to? The clipping is still there, but now it's amplified. And a setting doesn't mean ****, you can set it to 0db all you want and still have it come out distorted. You won't know unless you check. Audacity can't do that. Audacity is junk freeware. Sound Forge is what Audacity wants to be. Almost everything you listen to is distorted and you don't even know it. The only clean media out there is bought-from-the-store CDs, and .wav, .flac, and other lossless formats made from those store bought CD's. And only if those store-bought CDs are of a good recording quality. Everything else is ****.

Do you not realize if the original source is clipping, it doesn't matter what you "set" it to? The clipping is still there, but now it's amplified. And a setting doesn't mean ****, you can set it to 0db all you want and still have it come out distorted. You won't know unless you check. Audacity can't do that. Audacity is junk freeware. Sound Forge is what Audacity wants to be. Almost everything you listen to is distorted and you don't even know it. The only clean media out there is bought-from-the-store CDs, and .wav, .flac, and other lossless formats made from those store bought CD's. And only if those store-bought CDs are of a good recording quality. Everything else is ****.
No shit Sherlock. Clipped signal in, clipped signal out.

All my music is either CD's from the store, downloaded off itunes and put onto my ipod, or from Jake.

Guess what, a tiny bit of distortion will not cause all your stuff to explode. Distortion and clipping are not always the same thing.

No shit Sherlock. Clipped signal in, clipped signal out.
All my music is either CD's from the store, downloaded off itunes and put onto my ipod, or from Jake.

Guess what, a tiny bit of distortion will not cause all your stuff to explode. Distortion and clipping are not always the same thing.

Well no **** sherlock distortion is not the same as clipping. But clipping is distortion and we're talking about clipping. Don't ******* sidetrack **** with BS. I-tunes is complete **** and so is Audacity so good luck with your clean clipped signal. Just because your test tone is clean doesn't mean your music is fuckwad.

Well no **** sherlock distortion is not the same as clipping. But clipping is distortion and we're talking about clipping. Don't ******* sidetrack **** with BS. I-tunes is complete **** and so is Audacity so good luck with your clean clipped signal. Just because your test tone is clean doesn't mean your music is fuckwad.
That's fine, I'm sure my setup is no match for your 1k RMS substage and stock mids on headunit power.

You obviously have no distortion in your system, since you seem to be an expert o the matter. Do you have platinum CD's that you personally made the sine waves for? Yup, thought so

That's fine, I'm sure my setup is no match for your 1k RMS substage and stock mids on headunit power.
You obviously have no distortion in your system, since you seem to be an expert o the matter. Do you have platinum CD's that you personally made the sine waves for? Yup, thought so
**** you ignorant fuckwad. I know what I'm hearing. You don't. I know half the **** I listen to is already distorted that's why I don't give a **** about setting my gain with an oscope and test tones. That's it. /topic

**** you ignorant fuckwad. I know what I'm hearing. You don't. I know half the **** I listen to is already distorted that's why I don't give a **** about setting my gain with an oscope and test tones. That's it. /topic
I'm the "ignorant fuckwad", but you don't care about how distorted your signal is? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Better stick with low-power stuff. Don't want to break any decent equipment

I'm the "ignorant fuckwad", but you don't care about how distorted your signal is? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
Better stick with low-power stuff. Don't want to break any decent equipment
Everything I say goes right over your ******* head like a ******* 6 year old. I'm done dude. Your attention span is about as long as your baby ****.

Everything I say goes right over your ******* head like a ******* 6 year old. I'm done dude. Your attention span is about as long as your baby ****.
I know a lot more than you'd think buddy.

I do enjoy reading your comments though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I don't have a baby //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif (that I know of)

I know a lot more than you'd think buddy.
I do enjoy reading your comments though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I don't have a baby //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif (that I know of)
He just pulled the "I'm done" card with me, lol
Since you keep ******* escalating ****. I'll ******* repeat myself again. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU SET YOUR GAINS TO WHEN YOUR ******* MUSIC IS DISTORTING! I'm not explaining anything more because you're a douchebag and you don't deserve nor understand the ******* knowledge.

Since you keep ******* escalating ****. I'll ******* repeat myself again. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU SET YOUR GAINS TO WHEN YOUR ******* MUSIC IS DISTORTING! I'm not explaining anything more because you're a douchebag and you don't deserve nor understand the ******* knowledge.
Don't know why you keep repeating that..

THE SKY IS BLUE

There, I can "yell' common information too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I don't need any of your misinformation. You can keep that all to yourself.

Don't know why you keep repeating that..
THE SKY IS BLUE

There, I can "yell' common information too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I don't need any of your misinformation. You can keep that all to yourself.
You're ******* 17 years old. I'm pretty sure this debate is over.

Nope, it's only over when you pussy out.
I don't care how old you are, you're still an idiot
I didn't ***** out you moron I proved you wrong which is why I'm done with your little immature childish ***.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.