Trans AM with Monsoon Stereo! NEED HELP!

Batmobile

I have a 1999 Trans AM with a monsoon 10 speaker stereo system. I am Installing to JL 10's and an Alpine amp. I need some help on locating the amplifier that already exists in the vehicle for the Monsoon stereo! Please Help ME!!! URGENT!

well, i also have a 1999 trans am firehawk with the monsoon 10 speaker. Unfortunately i spoke to a tech at best buy and he said that that stereo was designed to work as a system, and that parts cannot be replaced or upgraded as they will not function, i don't know if he was right or not, but that's all the info i have good luck!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

The majority of those set-ups Monsoon/Infinity, they are all tied into the head unit and the amplifier located somewhere in the car. If you have installed the head unit and connected the front and rear speakers to the outputs, it wont get to the speakers because of the amplifier. What you can do is when you find the amp basicaly butt connect the speaker wires, tape off the power remote and ground to the amp, and well tada the amp is now by-passed. Now they dont make it easy on yah with the speaker wires, an easy way to figure this out is to pick up a Chilton's which has the whole lay-out of it. Or if you have the time and patients take a AA battery and when you get the right + and - to the proper speaker it will make a slight pop noise in the speaker. The Chilton will also have the spot where the amp is located too. They dont make it easy on yah thats for sure. I went through the same thing with my Explorer. Its a pain in the BUTT! Good Luck

i'm not for sure about your ta but most vechiles that i've dealt with with factory amps have them located somewhere in the trunk(usally under the decklid), since u don't have a decklid i'd suggest u look on either side of your hatch area(over your rear tires), if not there try behind your glovebox.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.