transmission?

09civic
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
alright, so i was driving down a road going 40 mph steady and all of a sudden my rpm's shoot up to 2.5-3 for no reason and i didnt accelerate. i let off the gas and they go back down but once i touch the pedal they go straight back up to 2.5-3. so i try to accelerate and see what happens but they just keep on going up so i pull of to the side of the road. i go back on the main road and everything is fine. what is the problem? bad trans?

Sounds like it is starting to slip. Check the fluid level and check to see if it's burnt (smell) or dark. Depending on the mileage I would just have the tranny fluid drained and then refilled. If it keeps doing it, then the tranny is on it's way out.

it has 60k and its auto. and yes it goes into reverse. and another thing it does is when i start the car and i put it in reverse, my rpms go to 1.5 and then my wholecar pops and then my rpms go back down. now this happens without me even moving the car. it will happen when i just sit there. but it will only happens sometimes. sometimes it pops, sometimes it doesnt. and when i mean the car pops, i mean the whole car jolts.

I take it, its a 95 Sat?

Let the car warm up for a few and check the tranny fluid level/condition.

IF its full and some what clean, have it FLUSHED. If that dose not do it....

its gonna get $$$$.

Have you checked anything else. Go to like a auto parts store get the computer scanned for codes. Could be other things going on then just a bad trans. The control modules use many sensors to operate the trans and engine.

My first guess just by reading what you are saying is maybe some thing alone the lines of a bad TPS sensor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.