Treo SSX 15" vs Incriminator Audio DP15

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
I know i make alot of comparison threads lol but i always like opinions on trade deals that come up.

I have friend local to me(about 25 mins away) that has Treo SSX 15 4" Coil 2500rms sub and offered to trade for my Death Penalty 15. He wants to trade because he wants to run 4-15s and finding 3 more DP-15s will be much easier then finding 3 more SSX-15s. The power ratings on them are similar with the DP @ 2000 rms and SSX @ 2500 rms, so not much of a gap. I know its a 3" vs 4" coil but figured i would ask.

But thoughts on the Treo SSX 15 vs Incriminator DP 15

It would be about an even trade imo but the treo has a lot of age on it and cost more to recone, maybe 5years ago it would be a good trade but I would imagine the soft parts are at the end of their life due to age.

It would be about an even trade imo but the treo has a lot of age on it and cost more to recone, maybe 5years ago it would be a good trade but I would imagine the soft parts are at the end of their life due to age.
Actually the condition is really good. Also if recone I would be going with a custom one... The sub was babied

At one time I did a drop in test between the kove Armageddon DD 9515 and a Treo SSX and the trio was dead last the Armageddon was a little bit quieter than the DD but sounded a shitload better we only had about 2 KW on tap though.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

The box was 4.25 tuned to 36 Hertz an extended cab truck under the window.

At one time I did a drop in test between the kove Armageddon DD 9515 and a Treo SSX and the trio was dead last the Armageddon was a little bit quieter than the DD but sounded a shitload better we only had about 2 KW on tap though. 

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

The box was 4.25 tuned to 36 Hertz an extended cab truck under the window.
Lol that's 9515 though... And kove's are not slouches

I installed a 15" SSX in a friends car and designed/built his enclosure. I'm not sure if their design has changed over the years but I remember it sounded pretty good and got wicked low. Pretty musical in that install. I feel the DP probably isn't that way, maybe more of an SPL woofer? I had a few other Treo 10's and found them to dig really deep as well. I checked their specs and they have a nice low Fs so it makes sense now.

To me, this seems like more of a musical woofer vs an SPL woofer. Just go with whichever you prefer

I installed a 15" SSX in a friends car and designed/built his enclosure. I'm not sure if their design has changed over the years but I remember it sounded pretty good and got wicked low. Pretty musical in that install. I feel the DP probably isn't that way, maybe more of an SPL woofer? I had a few other Treo 10's and found them to dig really deep as well. I checked their specs and they have a nice low Fs so it makes sense now.
To me, this seems like more of a musical woofer vs an SPL woofer. Just go with whichever you prefer
With the box that's It's in I will say my friend did a 148 meca style. But yea I want more musical seeing I don't compete often

Yea good lowend street beater. They work well in larger cabins where the resonant frequency is lower.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.