Trunk Battery

cbuts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well i bought a red top for under the hood, now im looking for something under the trunk. im still getting headlight dimmage even after the 275A alternator upgrade lol, so im guessing my only other option would be a battery in the trunk, all my grounds are fine, so im guessing this is still normal, and a batt in the trunk would eliminate this.

sams in the states( the one near me ) didnt have the agm duracell batts, so i wont be attempting to waste my time going over there again lol.

i will be working with Find Automotive Tools to Sports Gear to Kitchen & Bath Products | Canadian Tire. as shipping to canada would be rediculous

im running 2000rms now, and i want to atleast double it, but when i do, i dont want 40 batteries in my trunk. so could someone point me to a decent battery, and possibly how many i would need in the end ( as i want to match ), i want one for now.

thanks.

@NASTY08IMPALA ; @naughtyca ;

Last edited by a moderator:
you just have 1 run of 1/0 and a chassis ground?
If so i would get your wiring in shape before adding a battery.
Yes, i have a cadence 0 awg kit installed, along with big 3 0awg aswell.

What else should i be doing? thanks.

p.s that alternator problem mike is sending me a wire that will eliminate the light and plug into my factory harness

Yes, i have a cadence 0 awg kit installed, along with big 3 0awg aswell.
What else should i be doing? thanks.

p.s that alternator problem mike is sending me a wire that will eliminate the light and plug into my factory harness
mike and I recomend 1-/1+ 1/0 ofc per 100a of alt power. I'd add at least another 2 runs of 1/0. 4 more would be ideal, but with your power shouldn't be necissary. A battery would make distribution a bit easier.

Maybe add a small battery in the back? Someone from canada would certainly be a better help there, due to the import complications.

Mike must have not used a stock type regulator on that alt. Since it was a stock plug i assumed it was.

mike and I recomend 1-/1+ 1/0 ofc per 100a of alt power. I'd add at least another 2 runs of 1/0. 4 more would be ideal, but with your power shouldn't be necissary. A battery would make distribution a bit easier.
Maybe add a small battery in the back? Someone from canada would certainly be a better help there, due to the import complications.

Mike must have not used a stock type regulator on that alt. Since it was a stock plug i assumed it was.
well i bought the alternator used so maybe that is why :p

now what is 1-/1+ 1/0 ofc per 100a of alt power ? what are the numbers are the beggining meaning lol.

and im guessing since i have almost 300a alt you say 3 runs, my car was hard enough getting 1 ran, HOW WOULD I ADD ANOTHER 2???? lol

thanks pal!

pull the seats and run them down the middle of.the car ...i have 2 runs of pos and 2 runs of.neg ..amd i run well over twice ur power plus a big 4ch and i dont drop below 14.4 full tilt
so right now i have 1 run of positive which is the power to the amp right, so if i put a battery in the back i would run a negative and that same positive to the negative and positive on the battery? it was hard getting the 0awg through the stock gromet, did u make a new hole or something for yours? maybe someone could draw me a diagram haha

edit: is profundus suggesting 3 runs of negative to trunk, + 3 runs of positive to trunk? i am going to want to run just as much power as you when i uprgade.. lol

so right now i have 1 run of positive which is the power to the amp right, so if i put a battery in the back i would run a negative and that same positive to the negative and positive on the battery? it was hard getting the 0awg through the stock gromet, did u make a new hole or something for yours? maybe someone could draw me a diagram haha
its not hard ur overthinking it...if u dont have room to fit more then drill holes and use firewall grommets...u run ur pos and neg runs from front battery to back battery ..then from back battery to amp

its not hard ur overthinking it...if u dont have room to fit more then drill holes and use firewall grommets...u run ur pos and neg runs from front battery to back battery ..then from back battery to amp
so im guessing you had to drill holes and use firewall grommets?

What battery for in the trunk do you suggest from canadiantire.ca? one that i can buy another later if needed

i would also need new terminals correct? good thing my red top has top posts aswell because im gonna have to switch to them im guessing? and the stock pos and neg for the car stays on the side posts?

thanks, and sorry haha

so im guessing you had to drill holes and use firewall grommets?What battery for in the trunk do you suggest from canadiantire.ca? one that i can buy another later if needed

i would also need new terminals correct? good thing my red top has top posts aswell because im gonna have to switch to them im guessing? and the stock pos and neg for the car stays on the side posts?

thanks, and sorry haha
id do the nautilus from canadian tire....nope i fit 4 runs thru the rubber grommet under the passenger side of the dash

id do the nautilus from canadian tire....nope i fit 4 runs thru the rubber grommet under the passenger side of the dash
oh really, i ran my first one on the drivers side, i must have a similar grommet you think? ill have to check it out, and was i right about how i would wire the terminals.

i found 4 batts:

Group 24 Pure Lead AGM Deep Cycle Battery | Canadian Tire

Group 27 Pure Lead AGM Deep Cycle Battery | Canadian Tire

Group 31 Pure Lead AGM Deep Cycle Battery | Canadian Tire

Group 24 AGM Deep Cycle Battery | Canadian Tire

how do you know what is good for what rms? how would you judge how many i would need, how would i choose one.

thanks!

your link failed aswell, if its something i need ill probably pick them up just to have them, also did you deaden your whole car?

oh really, i ran my first one on the drivers side, i must have a similar grommet you think? ill have to check it out, and was i right about how i would wire the terminals.
i found 4 batts:

Group 24 Pure Lead AGM Deep Cycle Battery | Canadian Tire

Group 27 Pure Lead AGM Deep Cycle Battery | Canadian Tire

Group 31 Pure Lead AGM Deep Cycle Battery | Canadian Tire

Group 24 AGM Deep Cycle Battery | Canadian Tire

how do you know what is good for what rms? how would you judge how many i would need, how would i choose one.

thanks!

your link failed aswell, if its something i need ill probably pick them up just to have them, also did you deaden your whole car?
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/electrical-wiring-classifieds/579671-6x-0-1-battery-terminals.html?highlight=battery+terminals

the group 31 is the biggest and strongest...how many rms dovu plan on running ....i have a group 34 under the hood and 2 group 27s in the trunk on 4300 rms substage and 800rms front stage

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/electrical-wiring-classifieds/579671-6x-0-1-battery-terminals.html?highlight=battery+terminals
the group 31 is the biggest and strongest...how many rms dovu plan on running ....i have a group 34 under the hood and 2 group 27s in the trunk on 4300 rms substage and 800rms front stage
im going to want to run around the same wattage as you now, maybe a tad more, but it all comes in time, thats why im wanting to do one step at a time, and starting with one battery in the trunk is where im at right now.

so im going to need to purchase 2 batteries your saying, how did you determine you need 2? and why did you go with 27s instead of like 31s?, and will my red top power 2 of any of these just fine its like 780 or 720 cca?

when i do this like i said ill have to leave my stock power wires on the side terminals, and run 0 awgs to the top terminals correct?

how many ft of 0 guage do you think ill need for 3 runs of pos+neg? or should i go with just 2?

thanks bro!

How bad is voltage dropping? Lights dimming doesn't always mean voltage is dropping at the amp.

You are not pulling 275amps with that amp, so your alt should be able to keep up. I'd look into get the alt checked out. 3-4 runs of 1/0 is silly for the power you have...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.