Trying to get my music louder

OK, here is the deal. I just bought a new 2005 Dodge Dakota with the quad cab in the back. I love tailgating with my truck at concerts, but you can barely here the music. I was thinking of getting a new head unit for my truck (Sony CDXGT620IP iPod-Ready Car Stereo (CDXGT620IP)) from Cuircut City. I know this will make my IPod music come in crystal clear, but will it make my music any louder? How do I get my music louder? Please help.

If its an upgrade to stock then you should. That deck has more power than your stock. Adding amps helps too.

yep...a new HU is where to start. If that doesn't do it for ya then the next step is adding an amp and replacing speakers. I just did my HU and the sound did improve, but when it's cranked it doesn't sound good - so I'm in the process of installing an amp and new component speakers in the front doors (better than installing in the rear plus you can keep your doors open to have it louder outside). From the research I've done, it should sound great and be loud as f**k.

I'd upgrade in this order if you find it not being loud enough still

HU --> speakers --> amp

Factory speakers **** and you may find you can get loud enough off the HU amp with a good pair of after market speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.