Tuner/chip for Ram Hemi ?

Just go to the chip sites like SCT, Superchips, and Hypertech...
Yeah, done that. Really looking for firsthand info from someone who has used a specific tuner, and even better if in the same/similar ride as mine.

Ur guy replied to my email, with:

"Diablo would be the best choice there. SCT works through '06 and Superchips just isn't as powerful as Diablo. I sell the Intune which is a really cool programmer and do custom tuning as well. The best mpg comes with the premium fuel tunes though."

Read a few reviews on the InTune, and it appears it has a few 'issues'

Contacted another guy, who said:

"We sell every brand of tuner/programmer on the market and, to be quite honest... fuel mileage on a gas vehicle, especially a heavy pick up like a quad cab, is simply not going to get a whole lot better and all the tuners are relatively close to the same programming. There's only so much improvement available over the factory programming and, if you're trying to stick with the 81/89 octance fuel, there's just not enough of an improvement for me to promise anything... perhaps 1 or 2 mpg. If you run premium fuel and use the full performance tune, you might see 2 mpg city/hills and 4 on the open highway, but that's about the most to expect. Regarding my preference for tuners, and after using several on my own vehicles, I'd recomend the Superchips Flashpaq on this truck"

you can have the ability to tune the truck to your liking in truck. look up what they have to offer for you. i use one and can have custom tunes installed through it or just go in and alter parameters myself.

I will check the Predator out....since I didn't care for the ratings/reviews on the InTune, tho, with it being their latest-and-greatest....

Sometimes being Type-A, OCD, perfectionist is a beeyotch

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.