Tuner/chip for Ram Hemi ?

Flex68
10+ year member

dilligaf
Anybody got sage advice on a tuner for 2006+ Dodge Ram 1500 with 5.7L Hemi?

My used '08 Ram 1500 quad cab 5.7L Hemi came with duals aftermarket, a K&N CAI....and a 13.5MPG on 89 octane gas addiction.

I now am improved to 14.5-15MPG, locally, as long as I baby the hell out of it, but would sure like to see another +2 or +3MPG.

I have been wanting to pick up a tuner to try to improve my fuel economy, but have been reading conflicting messages about buying/using one on the Hemi with the MDS system+torque converter clutch. (Most are just using a tuner or reprogram to "lose" the MDS, and also losing 1-2MPG by doing so)

Has anyone tuned their Ram and KEPT the MDS, or know anyone who has done so?

Gas mileage improvement noted? How much?

What tuner best for the Ram, and what basic settings?

Thanks.

why not try a Dodge Ram forum......
No responses to any questions I have posted on the Ram Forum to this point....

italian chip...150hp
My fault for putting "chip" in the title, but I really prefer to use a programmer.

I don't need any additional HP, anyway. Just looking to improve mileage, and possibly get rid of the MDS

i have an sct tuner for my dakota that helped with gas millage. you can get a hold of my guy @ hemifever@aol.com see if he can help you out. basically its a hand held and he writes you custom tunes. tell him the mods you have and he writes a tune to work best with those mods. you download it in to your hand held and load it into vehicle. his web site is www. hemifevertuning .com good guy with good support.

i have an sct tuner for my dakota that helped with gas millage. you can get a hold of my guy @ hemifever@aol.com see if he can help you out. basically its a hand held and he writes you custom tunes. tell him the mods you have and he writes a tune to work best with those mods. you download it in to your hand held and load it into vehicle. his web site is www. hemifevertuning .com good guy with good support.
I will check out the site, thanks.

02 rango r/t 5.9 with magnaflow cat flowmaster muffler k&n cai hughes plenum fix and super chips 3715...was getting 12's now getting 15's...

02 rango r/t 5.9 with magnaflow cat flowmaster muffler k&n cai hughes plenum fix and super chips 3715...was getting 12's now getting 15's...

Nice mods!

Did you do your own adjustments, or purchase a 'custom' tune?

So you made your own adjustments, then...?Or the 3715 came pre-loaded, and no adjustments are available to the user?
Pre-loaded with those choices...that model is quite old lol

Just go to the chip sites like SCT, Superchips, and Hypertech...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.