tweaking system...please help

ace7733
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
USA
I'm tryin to tweak my system a lil bit...and I have a couple of questions...

I've got the crossover on my deck for the subs set to lp 80hz...so if the xover on my jbl is set higher or lower, which takes priority?

also...I was wondering what would be an guess on how high my gains should be? I've got 4v preouts, so I was thinking they would be pretty low...and they are real low on my 4 channel about 1/6 of the way up, or so, but about 1/2 the way up on my jbl

well, I'm gonna play around some more

THink about it like this, the first crossover cuts the frequency at say 80, and it sends onely the signals below 80 to the second crossover and the only way it would do anything else to the signal is if you had it set below 80

The head unit will always take priority because it is the main signal going to yoru other x-over.....

what do you think about my gains?

and it seems like my bass isn't as loud after messing with the xovers

If you are crossing the sub out before the amp and your amp has the ability to set at flat then set the amp at flat. you should only use one crossover. If you can't run the amp flat than set your amp or you hu Xover to the highest posible. Try both ways and use what sounds best. Hope that helps.

Play around with it some. If you have a ported or tuned enclosure it depends on that. Tweak with it some and check it all out. You will be best off adjusting ur gains after you set the x-overs because they will effect that too. Each new tune you do to it adjust ur gains over again. This will help you get the best idea of what you like the best and what sound u get best.

Originally posted by cooldoctorb I would set it between 60 to 80hz. it wont hert it to play around with the crossover.
Ya, I was refering to my system. Every system is different. Hey Ace, how do the perfect 12's sound. I wanted one but got the Alpine Type-R 12" instead (It was cheaper).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.