tweeter placement and kickpanel build ideas

Well it looks like I wont even be able to make the kick panels anyway. The emergancy brake pedal is right in the way.
a kick panel can still be done with the e-brake around that area, angle on kick panel just changes. just a little though on your tweeter placement, i've placed tweeters behind the rear view mirror on quite a few cars. they sound very good and no real imaging issues.

I think we're way over thinking this one. We're talking about a truck that's going to be driven with the doors off half the time. The road noise is gonna be INSANE! Make this sucker as LOUD as possible. Forget about imaging. Tweeters behind the rear view mirror? I LOVE IT! Angle 'em at the glass so you get lots of that reflected high end in the face. Put a second set in the A pillars. Put the mids in the kick if you can work 'em around the e-break. Feed it all LOTS of clean power and the gods will be pleased.

I think we're way over thinking this one. We're talking about a truck that's going to be driven with the doors off half the time. The road noise is gonna be INSANE! Make this sucker as LOUD as possible. Forget about imaging. Tweeters behind the rear view mirror? I LOVE IT! Angle 'em at the glass so you get lots of that reflected high end in the face. Put a second set in the A pillars. Put the mids in the kick if you can work 'em around the e-break. Feed it all LOTS of clean power and the gods will be pleased.
Omg... You're right. LOL!

Thanx a lot for your help guys. I like the pod idea and I guess I could velcro them into the pillar as is an all steel frame and I aint drilling it. Im really not sure how Im gonna make the kickpanel with that brake pedal theres really not much room at all. Im wondering about building some boxes and attaching them under the dash on th efar left and right.

Youve already bought the component set right? Id say you could get a set of tweets and 4" drivers and mount them on the a pilllar. Probably wouldn't have alot of midbass but there are ways to fix that problem also.

if u cant work around the e brake..i had to bend mine a little..how about fabricating a box to fit over the transmission hup in the area directly across from the kicks. but sterio imaging may b lost.

and bless u for not wanting to hack up ur ride.

Yea theres a pod I can but that attaches to the center hump but was told the imaging would **** there. If I put the mids there but put the tweeters on the dash at opposite sides you guys really think it would be terrible?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.