Twin Alpine SWR12D4 - 8 ohm?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tstape

WI
Just joined the forum. I hope this isn't too generic for this particular forum. Please let me know if I'm in the wrong forum, and I'll post where most appropriate.

Head unit: JVC KD-R740BT

Amp: Kenwood Kac-9105D 1800-Watt Class D Mono Amplifier

Speakers: Twin Alpine SWR-12D4, Dual 4-ohm Voice Coils

Box: Ported

The Alpine directions had me install a jumper on each speaker. This converted each to 8 ohms. I have each speaker wired to individual connector terminals on the box, so each speaker is wired to the amp separately.

Should I remove the jumper cables so the each speaker is 4 ohms, and still run individual speaker wires to the amp?

Should I wire the speakers together (changing ohms) and only run one speaker wire to the amp?

If I wire the speakers together, should I wire outside the box (it's ported so I'm not sure about running wires through the center walls)?

Just joined the forum. I hope this isn't too generic for this particular forum. Please let me know if I'm in the wrong forum, and I'll post where most appropriate.
Head unit: JVC KD-R740BT

Amp: Kenwood Kac-9105D 1800-Watt Class D Mono Amplifier

Speakers: Twin Alpine SWR-12D4, Dual 4-ohm Voice Coils

Box: Ported

The Alpine directions had me install a jumper on each speaker. This converted each to 8 ohms. I have each speaker wired to individual connector terminals on the box, so each speaker is wired to the amp separately.

Should I remove the jumper cables so the each speaker is 4 ohms, and still run individual speaker wires to the amp?

Should I wire the speakers together (changing ohms) and only run one speaker wire to the amp?

If I wire the speakers together, should I wire outside the box (it's ported so I'm not sure about running wires through the center walls)?
2-DVC-4-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg

Wire it like that.

If there are no terminals for the speaker wires you can drill a small hole only big enough for the wire and seal up any space with glue.

I've seen people run the wires through the port before, it just looks stupid..

2-DVC-4-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg

Wire it like that.

If there are no terminals for the speaker wires you can drill a small hole only big enough for the wire and seal up any space with glue.

I've seen people run the wires through the port before, it just looks stupid..
Dont do this, your amp is only 2 ohm stable and this wiring will give you 1 ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.