unlock problem Nissan Titan/791xv

Participant count
  • Participant list

rcantu
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
hi guys,

this one has got me crazy.

I've programmed the double pulse unlock and it's wired to the switch at the door but it's still not unlocking until I hit the disarm button for the 2nd time. It locks perfectly fine.

obviously it needs a double pulse.

to program the double pulse I opened the door, turned the ignition on then off, held the valet button, heard the 2 beeps then tapped the button 8 times and held it on the 8th time, heard the beeps, clicked the disarm button on the remote which I heard 2 chirps, closed door, heard the bird sound chirps.

what am I missing? I moved the ground wire of the system to another spot already. I soldered the connections but still no go.

thanks all!

Another thing you could always get to try and solve the problem is a module that turns a single pulse output into a user selectable pulse. I believe DEI makes one. Of course, it does sound like your alarm should be able to do it on its own...

that's exactly what I'm thinking. it has a double pulse feature and it doesn't work. the connections must be good cause after the 2nd unlock it works.

thanks for your input

Are you sure that you don't need just a longer pulse? Have you tried just taking your unlock wire and touching it to 12v twice to verify you need double pulse? Let me hop on directtechs real quick and try and figure it out...

Yeah thats what Audiovox Techservices shows... Have you checked the output from your alarm brain with like a DMM to see whether or not it is doing the double pulse?

not sure how to read the double pulse. it's just the voltage changing twice right?

positive terminal to hot wire and negative terminal to the brain unlock wire?

Yeah thats what Audiovox Techservices shows... Have you checked the output from your alarm brain with like a DMM to see whether or not it is doing the double pulse?

yeah then yes I did that and saw the voltage change once. do you guys think the brain is bad? I posted my programming method so I think I'm doing that right.

I have no idea if your programming method is correct, I don't deal with DEI alarms where I work. If you're sure that you're doing it the right way then you might as well pick up one of those pulse timers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.