unOfficial 2008 alpine iDA-X--- series HU thread

no problems man, glad it worked for you...I was jazzed when i found that converter tool on pride rocks site, it said it was for ida-x001 but figured i would check it out and on riots site said it was for x-100 as well so I tried it and was like f ucking bad a ss

so i haven't bothered to look through all of the pages to this thread, so my question may have been answered before, but i was wondering your guys' opinions about whether or not i should buy this hu or the cda9887? thanks

If it has bluetooth It should... It depends on if you have the BT300 or if you have the BT350 module because alot more phones should work with the newer BT350 as they fixed some of the problems they had with the BT300...GL

My phone has bluetooth but I wasn't planning on buying a bluetooth unit.

A usb cable from my phone to the HU wouldnt work?

Also, are you guys grounding your ida through the harness or manually to the car? Usually, I just ground my decks through the harness but this time the ground for my x100 has a thicker gauge... so I'm thinking twice about it..

NO....

Also, are you guys grounding your ida through the harness or manually to the car? Usually, I just ground my decks through the harness but this time the ground for my x100 has a thicker gauge... so I'm thinking twice about it..
grounded through the harness...

grounded through the harness...
thanks.. but I already did it. I couldn't wait any long for a response //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif..

but i do have a problem. I really don't get a good radio signal from my favorite station.. It sometimes comes in and out. With my pioneer, it was perfect... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Will window based smart phones work with this HU?
To answer my own question:

Does not work with my HTC Mogul. There is even a setting on my phone so I can set my phone to read as "mass storage device" when the USB is plugged in...

The x100 still read - "no usb device.."

No, It will not work. You need the bluetooth module to use phone functions on your X100.

thanks.. but I already did it. I couldn't wait any long for a response //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif..
but i do have a problem. I really don't get a good radio signal from my favorite station.. It sometimes comes in and out. With my pioneer, it was perfect... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif
I noticed that as well, radio signals are weaker than OEM HU, especially AM.

To answer my own question:
Does not work with my HTC Mogul. There is even a setting on my phone so I can set my phone to read as "mass storage device" when the USB is plugged in...

The x100 still read - "no usb device.."
It might have something to do with the format (FAT32) the X100 recommends.

To get the best use of this HU i highly recommend:

A 5.5 gen or higher iPOD wired via USB

&

the bluetooth module.

Thanks for the reply jrvtecaccord.

I'm just wanting to use my phone as a mp3 player since. I'm going to try to reformat my memory card in the phone to fat32 and see how that works. I'm trying to research on this. I read on the windows based forums there is a way to connect the phone for media purposes.

umm ok i got a question. how does the xm work in this? can it handle it well or no? also, what do you have to do to set it up. my brother is getting rid of his shitty dual hu and he has the xm box that i could get form him, will it work with the x100 or no?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.