Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arc Audio XD 2500.1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

nags
10+ year member

I've currently got a JL RD1500/1 powering my 2 JL 12w6's. Sounds good and no real complaints or anything but a recent conversation with someone got me thinking about upgrading the amp. I'm bouncing back and forth between sticking with a JL but going to the HD1200/1 or going to an Arc Audio XD2500.1 for the same price. I'd be running the JL at 1200x1 and the Arc at 1500x1. Anyone got a strong opinion one way or another?

HD1200/1

X2 2500.1

The amp you have isn't any worse than the 2 you linked. In fact the arc audio is way too much power and you could turn it down sure but it's a waste since JL w6 subs don't handle power well.

The hd1200/1 was purpose built for a pair of w6 subs. But other than the regulation of the output is no worse than the rd1500/1

Its my opinion that you will just be throwing money away in both situations.

A new box or sound deadening would likely be a much better investment

The amp you have isn't any worse than the 2 you linked. In fact the arc audio is way too much power and you could turn it down sure but it's a waste since JL w6 subs don't handle power well.

The hd1200/1 was purpose built for a pair of w6 subs. But other than the regulation of the output is no worse than the rd1500/1

Its my opinion that you will just be throwing money away in both situations.

A new box or sound deadening would likely be a much better investment

Appreciate the reply. The subs are currently in the JL HO boxes and the truck is deadened top to bottom. Someone got it in my head that the HD would be a huge upgrade over the RD and it just got me thinking I could get more out of them. But if not, I'm certainly happy not to spend more money as well.

Appreciate the reply. The subs are currently in the JL HO boxes and the truck is deadened top to bottom. Someone got it in my head that the HD would be a huge upgrade over the RD and it just got me thinking I could get more out of them. But if not, I'm certainly happy not to spend more money as well.

Its not a huge upgrade and I'd argue you likely couldn't tell the difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...