Upgrading from my Alpine Type R 12" @700w ?? Sub suggestions please?

Participant count
  • Participant list

MellowHype
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Im looking for more power, as my current type r (the old 600wrms version) running at 700watt @4ohms just isnt enough anymore.

Is it worth me upgrading to the new type R which takes 1000wrms?? would a jump from 700 to 1000 even be that noticable?

My current Amp (kicker ex series) is capable of running 700@2ohm and 1000@1ohm.

I was thinking about two 12's at 500 but that would still need to be the 2 ohm version of my sub so either way im gonna need to sell the old and get a new one.

Im looking for something in a similar price range as a type R.

Would appriciate any suggestions,

Thanks

Edit: there is also a chance that mine isnt as loud as i had hoped because the enclosure isnt perfect (built it myself, no support on inside or 45 corner cuts, 2.0cbf before displacement), a new one is on my to do list but ill wait until ive decided on a new sub or not yet

You could look into a SoundQubed HDS300 12 or 15 or a Sundown SA 12 or 15. I don't have tons of knowledge like most people here. But I know those would be good subs for what you're looking for. They would both do great off of 1000 watts rms. In the proper enclosure one of those 15's would be much more loud.

You could look into a SoundQubed HDS300 12 or 15 or a Sundown SA 12 or 15. I don't have tons of knowledge like most people here. But I know those would be good subs for what you're looking for. They would both do great off of 1000 watts rms. In the proper enclosure one of those 15's would be much more loud.
^^^Agree with this^^^ I love my Soundqubed subs.

Thanks for the suggestions. i cant seem to find SoundQubed HDS300 in UK

I think i might have a go at making another box, larger, more accurately tuned, as before i just used a 2.0cbf @32 hz, before displacement.

ill see the biggest box i can get in my boot and see what the specs are.

Im looking for more power, as my current type r (the old 600wrms version) running at 700watt @4ohms just isnt enough anymore.
Is it worth me upgrading to the new type R which takes 1000wrms?? would a jump from 700 to 1000 even be that noticable?

My current Amp (kicker ex series) is capable of running 700@2ohm and 1000@1ohm.

I was thinking about two 12's at 500 but that would still need to be the 2 ohm version of my sub so either way im gonna need to sell the old and get a new one.

Im looking for something in a similar price range as a type R.

Would appriciate any suggestions,

Thanks

Edit: there is also a chance that mine isnt as loud as i had hoped because the enclosure isnt perfect (built it myself, no support on inside or 45 corner cuts, 2.0cbf before displacement), a new one is on my to do list but ill wait until ive decided on a new sub or not yet
Just sell that and get a 15 inch type R

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.