Alpine Type R 10" vs 12"

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kylek113

Hi guys. I've been doing a little research on these subs, as I currently have a 10" Type R in a 1.75 cu ft box at 34 hz. I am looking to upgrade to a 12, as the 10 just isn't loud enough for me. It will be in an identical box, with the same 1000 watt Rms amp powering it. Based on what I've been able to learn here on this site and on the web, the 10" has a sensitivity of 82 db, while the 12" is 84.9. So is 3db really going to make that much of a difference? Or should I look for a different sub in the 1k rms category? If so, does any one have any suggestions for me? I was told the Hertz hi energy is a good sub, it is 600 watts rms, and 90db sensitivity, so am I understanding half the power is a 3db drop, so this sub should also be around 87db, without all other factors obviously, so would this sub be louder than a type r in identical environments? I'm Looking to stay around the same price point as the type R, I can get it locally for around 230 dollars, which I know isn't the best price, but when I blow my subs they replace them right away, already been through 2 type R 10s now, but if the Hi energy is worth it I may consider it. I'm looking for a loud sub but would like to keep it clean if at all possible. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.