US Amps vlx-400

Andrew2006
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i would liek to know a little about this amp before i buy it, its a US Amps vlx-400

like whats the ratings and all on it, i was going to get it off this guy i know

for 800.00 and i use going to use it on my RD Audio HW v.2 and its a dual 2 ohm

someone please help me

I think it pulls upwards of around 400 amps at full tilt and is basically a 4k amp. but your getting great class a/b power. gotta have the electrical to support it though.

It's class A/B so expect about 50-60% efficiency. Does well at lower impedances. Lots of power at .5 nominal. It will get fairly warm. Very nice amp otherwise. Extreme sound quality. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i got stock electrical right now just building a little at a time so i plan on upgrading my electrical system and how man batteries would i have to run if i got a 200+ amp alt and anyone know what its rated at 1 Ohm i tried to look it up on usamps.com but no luck but is 800.00 worth it?

will pull about 450-500amps at .5ohm. i talked to greg at us amps about these. 1/2 ohm all day long with no issues. class a/b boards. long as hell. will do around 2600@.5 ohms maybe a touch more. rated at 12.4v. very clean power but you will need a very strong electrical for it. bridged is left most negative and right most positive IIRC.

lulz brainfart.
yeah haha sorry about that

will pull about 450-500amps at .5ohm. i talked to greg at us amps about these. 1/2 ohm all day long with no issues. class a/b boards. long as hell. will do around 2600@.5 ohms maybe a touch more. rated at 12.4v. very clean power but you will need a very strong electrical for it. bridged is left most negative and right most positive IIRC.
thanks for that info man

Must Have Electrical or you will burn up power supply and then you will have an $800 paper weight or you can sell it to some one who knows how to fix it.

-----Consider Multi-alternator set up------------

If you are having troubles deciding on an amp you can plug and play go with Class D

I ran the same amp daily for 1 year on my treo CSX 15. I got 2800rms @ 1ohm running it daily! I had 1 200amp alt. yellow top under the hood and 4 stinger sp-1000's in the trunk! Ran fine never got hot on me at all! Did 5600rms out of it on 16v in my buddys van Wired to 0.5ohm The amp is rated 2400x1@1ohm@ 12.8volts! hope that helps! The only down side to this is my Sundown 3000d is more powerful and is half the size!

Must Have Electrical or you will burn up power supply and then you will have an $800 paper weight or you can sell it to some one who knows how to fix it. -----Consider Multi-alternator set up------------

If you are having troubles deciding on an amp you can plug and play go with Class D
Bad advice. I beefy alternator is all you need.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.