US Amps vlx 400?

I may get this amp today and turn around and list it right up here but then again I might just keep it. But just looking for any more info on them like the years they were made or the original retail price. I know they actually do about 2400 at 1 ohm and supposedly you can run them as low as .25 ohms. Also I hear that the power output literally doubles every time the load is reduced by half but it'll end up drawing like 500 amps. Its certainly a big montherfcker. I might be lookin at putting it up for 2 12s trade and cash idk but what does everyone think?

well from what i can find, it is about a 4k watt amp at .5, 3k at 1, It is A/B with a low efficiency of around 50-60%, .5ohm mono is the lowest anyone should run this. its 44" long, 36 lbs, its a beast. and loves your electrical. will pull about 400 amps at fult tilt, so 4-5 group 31 batts, and a big alot or two for sure..

well from what i can find, it is about a 4k watt amp at .5, 3k at 1, It is A/B with a low efficiency of around 50-60%, .5ohm mono is the lowest anyone should run this. its 44" long, 36 lbs, its a beast. and loves your electrical. will pull about 400 amps at fult tilt, so 4-5 group 31 batts, and a big alot or two for sure..
I see em online for 800 to 1200. I'm thinking like 650 shipped if I wanna sell it

I got a real decent set of 12's being custom built right now. DC lvl 4 motors, with level 5 softparts. Coils 1.4ohms. They are a spare set of 12's to have. let me know if yer interested. They have the chrome DC logo's on em as well.

I got a real decent set of 12's being custom built right now. DC lvl 4 motors, with level 5 softparts. Coils 1.4ohms. They are a spare set of 12's to have. let me know if yer interested. They have the chrome DC logo's on em as well.
Would need cash as well. Need final load of 1 ohm tho

Pretty classic piece. The big downside I see is that for the current draw of 2500W A/B you can run 5K+ with modern amps. That being said, that sort of amp is a total centerpiece for a great showing install and will hold it's own getting loud. Should sound fantastic.

200x2@4ohms, 2400x1@1ohm mono, @12.5 volts. Will do about 3200-3500 @ 14.4 volts. I ran mine in 1995 to 12-4 ohm 15" in mono parallel daily. LOVE low impedance but don't do a lot of power until they see a low load. Will do probably about 4k @ .5 mono honestly. My buddy has three in his Astro we are finishing (pics in the build logs recently) but he has too much box rise so they will be going on highs soon...lol.

Yeah, that wasn't uncommon back then...$1-$2/watt was pretty normal. The VLX-200 from them was around $1699 I believe. Great quality amps, but obviously you can get a lot more power for the money these days.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.