USB only loading some music to car stereo.

Participant count
  • Participant list

IMtnDewUrMom

CA
I am having this problem with two cars. A 2011 MLB 350 Mercedes Benz with a 16GB SD card and a Ford truck with an aftermarket Kenwood stereo with a 32GB USB.

Both vehicles have the same issue: They will load some music once plugged in but not all of it. They will play both MP3 and WAV so the format is not the issue.

I have formatted the devices and reloaded the music but the problem is still there.

Any solutions? Thanks in advance //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I was able to find this for the Kenwood stereo and I assume the Mercedes would be pretty similar.

Limitation of structure for the file and the folderDisc media

(DVD±R/RW

CD-R/RW) Maximum number of directory levels 8

Maximum number of folders 254

Maximum number of files per folder 255

Maximum number of files (per device) 65025

USB device Maximum number of folder layers 8

Maximum number of folders (per device) 255

Maximum number of folders (per folder) 255

Maximum number of files (per folder) 255

Maximum number of files (per device) 65025

Maximum number of files per playlist 7000

・It may take time to start playing depending on the recording conditions such as file hierarchy and folder structure.

・This includes the Root folder (the folder in the top level). The number of folders shown on your PC is less than it by 1.

The maximum number of characters for display

File/Folder name 128 characters

MP3 ID3 Tag Ver. 1.x 30 characters

Ver. 2.x 128 characters

WMA Contents property 128 characters

AAC song information 128 characters

・Number of characters is based on byte unit.

・File/Folder name is the number of the characters including the extensions.

・This unit can display the following versions of MP3 ID3 tag: version 1.0/ 1.1/ 2.2/ 2.3/ 2.4.

・AAC ID3 Tag cannot be displayed.

Playing order of the Audio file

・Audio files are played in order of file names. You can specify the playing order by numbering files such as "01" to "99" at the beginning of the file name

255 Files a folder, 8 folders deep, Maximum Folders 254, Maximum Files 65,xxx... 255*255=65,xxx

DDX814 | Audio File | Kenwood
From KenwoodForums.com • View topic - USB Flash Drive Limits?

Thank you, keep_hope_alive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.