Utterly new, help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Venku

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
I have a 340 Watt 2/1 channel amp hooked up to 2 12" subs.

I am going from Stock radio with a LOC to the amp. I decided because power and ground were easily accessed in the dash to put the LOC there. Spliced into the harness for the speakers. Ran the AV cables back to the amp.

Here's my issue: Sub doesn't play music - it does, however, respond to the touch of Pause/play, Skip track and any other settings input from the stock decks screen. I'm thinking I messed up in the wiring with the speakers at the LOC.

Any insight?

I bought the subs and amp used, trust the guy nothing's blown or in a state it wouldn't work. He ran them together in his vehicle before buying a new one. So I'm confident it's me, not the equipment.

Yes, sound like you got the wiring wrong. Go back to check your wiring and try again. OR, try getting your signal from a rear speaker. Youtube.com has lots of videos on how to do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.