very high powered 2ch. amp?

vain mccain
10+ year member

atlanta
im looking to run dual 8" high end pro audio drivers per door. i need goobs of power. like a 1000 watts per driver. i need plenty of head room. who makes a bridgeable 2ch or even a 1ch that has a crap load of power with hipass and lowpass filters? i remember back in the day xtant made some very nice monoblock amps. ftr, this isnt gonna be a crap, super high spl system. im going to be using phl mids with usd audio compression drivers. for the horns, im going to be using a dls a1. my problem is finding high powered clean amps. please help so i can get the ball rolling. thnx

sure is. have you ever heard of PHL? they make very high end low distortion drivers. just because it's pro audio doesnt mean it's all balls to the wall.
Running multiple 8" drivers in a door playing the same frequency is not a very good way to achieve good SQ no matter how "hi end" the driver is.

Shows how very ignorant the two of you are. I guess Jeff smith doesn't know what the hell he's doing either, right? More power= more headroom and saturation.

Headroom is fine but why the hell would you need 1000 watts per mid ( X4 ) in a front stage? I'm curious to hear what your definition is for SQ. The term SQ is thrown around inappropriately very often, and I'm pretty sure that this is an example of it.

Shows how very ignorant the two of you are. I guess Jeff smith doesn't know what the hell he's doing either, right? More power= more headroom and saturation.
True I'm quite ignorant, but I know how to build door panels and you don't. Guess you're just a stupid ******...

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

Headroom is fine but why the hell would you need 1000 watts per mid ( X4 ) in a front stage? I'm curious to hear what your definition is for SQ. The term SQ is thrown around inappropriately very often, and I'm pretty sure that this is an example of it.
He's fuggin clueless, don't waste your time....

True I'm quite ignorant, but I know how to build door panels and you don't. Guess you're just a stupid
your right... but i can build this.

1111111.jpg

111111.jpg

if you're really looking for sq, you'll use optical audio out to amp, or balanced inputs. Good luck finding an amp with those that'll put out a high amount of power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.