very little output from sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

casedawg350
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
IN
so i went to hook up my set-up. got everything hooked up, but there is extremely little output from the sub. i can barely hear the bass, but if i set my hand on the sub i can feel it moving just barely.

when i went to hook it up the 1st time, i forgot to unhook the battery. when i put in the power wire it sparked and the protection light flashed.

then i disconnected the positive battery terminal, hooked up the ground, remote, speaker, RCA's, gains knob, power wire, then positive on battery. hooked everything up in that order. turned the HU on to 10. could barely hear the bass. and like said above when i put my hand on the sub i could feel it moving slightly. played with the gains on the amp, and if i turn it up it gets louder, but still just barely. the gains knob was turned all the way up.

equipment is Kicker ZX750.1 pushing a Fi SSD D1 wired at 2 ohms.

if anyone has any ideas what it might be, or could tell me what to try that would be great. thanks.

i did all that and everything was fine. i wired the sub about a week ago, and i triple checked it before i put it back in the box. i know its fine.

Obviously you just need to double check all your wiring...

Also check and make sure your HU is setup properly. Do you have a nonfading sub out? Try turning that up, like maybe all the way up. Also, what kind of deck do you have? 10 years ago, my first head unit was a panasonic that had crappy preamp outs. I had to set my gains really high, use bass boost and all that crap to get my system to "sound good"

Just double check your crap (with a multimeter if you have one) and let us know your head unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.