Very Quick Simple Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

JakeM
10+ year member

Houston
Ok, my front stage consist of two VIFA XT25TG30's and the mids from a set of Boston Acoustics RC620.

I have a single 50x2 amp pushing them and theyre hooked up to the set of crossovers that came with the set of boston's I used to have, I just replaced the tweeters.

My question is, should I just buy a 100w by 4 amp and drive each speaker up front with 100w so a total of 400w to my front stage(i am going to go very easy on the gains). and with that amp, buy an active xover and set all of my xover point with that

or....

just buy a 200w by 2 amp and power the stock xovers that came with the set of Boston speakers like I had....

thanks for the help

If you know what you are doing....active is the way to go. It gives you the ability to really set up the sound to match your car. If you don't, its an easy way to spend a bunch of money and end up with s hit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

If you have a very good understanding of slope, crossover points, all that then go active, if you don't, save some frustration and get yourself a nice set of comps with a passive crossover already with them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.