Vintage stereo made to work with Bluetooth

Participant count
  • Participant list

junkyardjeff

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am planning on using a late 70s stereo in a old car project and was wondering if there are any companies that can add that function to a old stereo. What I am planning on doing is using one of those under dash mounted Pioneer stereos in a 65 Galaxie like what I would have done back in 78 but would like to get the music from my phone.

I would venture to say that there isn't any input options there other than like iBus for pioneers, and those BT adapters are for phone calls? I would look for retro-look HUs like these.

Last edited:
You loose sound quality with the fm modulators
Retro looking deck with modern features is a better idea.
Would have to know more info to give a better answer, like why your doing it , looks, security, so on

I am trying to duplicate my first car and trying to use a sound system I would have used if I had any money back in 78. Since the stock radio sticks through the dash lense I would have used one of those Pioneer Super Tuner under dash mounted stereos and would love to get the music through my phone with that old stereo if possible.

There is a good chance you could add some sort of Bluetooth or AUX input to a vintage stereo such as a 1978 Pioneer, maybe with a separate toggle switch, but finding someone to do it will be the difficult part. An older stereo probably wouldn’t be too difficult to insert the signal into the preamp section while disconnecting the source, meaning adding AUX in with a small push button to switch it inline, or maybe even add Bluetooth instead of AUX in. Although it might be very difficult, I don't know. I think some of those vintage Pioneer's had DIN connectors at the back for connecting EQ's and such, so maybe tapping into that is possible, again I don't know.

Not to direct traffic from here, and this site really won't as it is not a car audio forum, more so general audio electronics / repair / technical, but you could ask at this other site, it is way more technical, although still a slim chance for help, it’s free to sign up and ask:

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/forums/car-audio.38/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...