viper 791.. ithnk

mccrank

i work at a electronics retailer, and normally the viper 791(i think) is like 501.99 retail, but i can get it for 177. would ya'll do this? or is it even worth getting an alarm. i got a 97 explorer. oh i gotta pay and extra 100 to get it installed too.

$177 is a **** good deal if its new.

$100 for installation sounds good to me assuming the install WILL be professionally done and backed up with some sort of install warranty.

Question on this alarm.....

I am thinking of picking one up as an X-mas gift to myself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but I know absolutely nothing about aftermarket alarm systems (i just hear this one is good). So, here are the questions:

1 - do I need to buy any additional equipment to make the auto-start work (I have a 00 Infiniti I30)?

2 - people w/ this system: what additional upgrades do you recommend (e.g. back up battery, additional sensors?? others??)

Like I said I am a noob when it comes to alarms - so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

it was easy for me because i had a shop put it in and they got the needed extra stuff.

if you have have a transponder key (has a security chip in it) you'll need a bypass module. window roll up/down module can control your windows from the remote. proximity sensor can trigger lots of false alarms and become annoying.

check out more at the directed website: http://www.directed.com/security/viper/default.asp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.